ACCG353 or ACST300 (1 Viewer)

atreus

HSC
ACST300 was much easier than people led me to believe. Almost nothing conceptually difficult, although the general insurance module was hard to follow. I think that was mostly the Insurance lecturer's vague way of explaining things though.

If this unit fits well with your program or u want to work in insurance or super, don't avoid it because of anything posted on this site. I almost gave it a miss because of some horror stories I'd heard but I'm glad I didnt.

BTW Im a applied finance student not actuary and its bs about actuaries being fiercely competetive and this unit will ruin your GPA and all that. ACCG353 is much harder. FIN310 is harder. ACST300 is probably on a par with ECON335 in terms of difficult- only more reading (but not that much considering it is a 3rd year, 4 credit point ACST unit with no maths).
is accg353 harder than accg329? i would prefer to do acst300 over accg353, but it doesn't fit in so good with my program plan.

Mathmatics85

HSC
does anyone know what is accg352 like? ive made up my mind to take that subject over 353.. just want to know the difficulty of that unit

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
ACST300 was much easier than people led me to believe. Almost nothing conceptually difficult, although the general insurance module was hard to follow. I think that was mostly the Insurance lecturer's vague way of explaining things though.

If this unit fits well with your program or u want to work in insurance or super, don't avoid it because of anything posted on this site. I almost gave it a miss because of some horror stories I'd heard but I'm glad I didnt.

BTW Im a applied finance student not actuary and its bs about actuaries being fiercely competetive and this unit will ruin your GPA and all that. ACCG353 is much harder. FIN310 is harder. ACST300 is probably on a par with ECON335 in terms of difficult- only more reading (but not that much considering it is a 3rd year, 4 credit point ACST unit with no maths).
ACST300 is conceptually easy... but it is so fucking boring. Life Insurance and Superannuation were okay, but going through General Insurance was very... very painful.

BoganBoy

HSC
acst300 bored the living hell out of me. but i agree that there is NOTHING conceptually hard. just rote learn like you've done in HSC and you'll be fine. and its prob the most useful unit in term of practicality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)