Accommodation/ANU lifestyle (1 Viewer)

caribou

HSC
Hi all, I'm considering attending ANU next year and was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little bit about studying there and if they enjoy it, particularly the overall vibe/friendliness of the university. I am considering a double of International Relations/International Security Studies, and am also curious if anyone knows the quality of these courses/job prospects available.

I'm also looking at on campus accomodation. I can't afford the catered colleges but I was particurly looking at Burton & Garran Hall, Fenner Hall or Wamburun Hall as less expensive alternatives, or potentially Kinloch Lodge or Lena Karmel Lodge but are less certain about the latter. If anyone has stayed in these accommodations, or has had experience with them I'd love to hear about it, and what they are like, as well as the the pros & cons.

Thank you!

Dichromate

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I'm considering attending ANU next year....
The student experience at Unilodge has probably improved a bit since the bad old days but in general they're newer but worse socially, less of a college culture while being more expensive. Burton and Garran Hall (Can't comment on the new Fenner, could only comment on the old one) will tend to have a more established college culture.
The original ANU run colleges are usually just less of a rip off, eg: all the Unilodges and the New ANU colleges have coin-op washing machines.

If you're from Sydney and have the option of going to University while living with your parents it's worth thinking about why you're going to ANU. Really the main advantage it has is living on campus and the college experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)