Accommodation Internet? (1 Viewer)

SnowTau

HSC
Hopefully going to be at Weerona next year, and wondering what the internet is like there? I only want to use it to play stuff like counterstrike and browse forums / obvious study related stuff. Only thing I'm concerned about is, is it good enough to be playing games on it without lag? Just wondering so I don't go buying a bunch of games I can't even play >.>

SnowTau

HSC
Hmm... does external ISP service mean we can just get like normal internet through an ISP?

Just wondering if someone knew of the situation before ringing them or something, thanks for finding that.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Hmm... does external ISP service mean we can just get like normal internet through an ISP?

Just wondering if someone knew of the situation before ringing them or something, thanks for finding that.
Well they talk about having a quota, which would imply that you get internet from them but I have no idea if you'd be able to get it through an ISP yourself.

SnowTau

HSC
I believe that quota is for the free university internet, which is accessible at the accommodation, in order to stop people using it for downloading and stuff.

"If you intend to use the internet on residence for personal items such as MySpace or Facebook, you will need to purchase Internet access via an external internet provider."

I'm hoping that means we get to choose our own speed / data limit and stuff, unless they are referring to those overpriced little usb things you get... Still, I'll see if someone there happens to reply, I think it'd be pretty weird ringing to see if their internet is fast enough to game on :p

EDIT: Ah figured it out. It says "External ISP is Everywhere Internet", I didn't realise that was an ISP at first but apparently it is.. http://everywhereinternet.com/index.php

Shame their website is very vague, doesn't include prices, speeds, etc.

Sent them a message asking about it though, and pointing out their lack of information, hopefully they improve it...

Last edited:

benn07

HSC
Hey, I don't live at Weerona, but at another campus, but we all have the same internet. Everywhere internet is a very very very bad ISP, it is quite slow to what you're probably used to.
They only offer standard plans at around $15 per week for 4gb, $30 for a month or 15gb, or $150 for 6 months or 90gb.
The university has been continually upgrading it, for example, we just got an improvement on Monday which has drastically increased speed.
Most of my friends who play online (I'm not really a gamer) have used USB internet and it has worked fine.

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)