Accommodation Interviews (1 Viewer)

Doogsy

Hey, I applied for kensington colleges at unsw and they have asked me for an interview. I was just wondering what type of questions I might be asked. I was thinking something along the lines of 'What can you bring to the college' and 'why do you deserve a place rather than the other people'.

Also, some of the independant colleges have there own forms for a reference to fill out, however I already have all the refrences from school and work etc. but the colleges want the forms filled in. Would I need to go and ask me principal/teachers to fill out this form, even though they have already given me a refrence, or can i submit the one's I already have?

grimreaper

HSC
Yeah I got an interview requested for Basser College and I hear those type of questions are what they ask. And yes, it does suck that those extra reference forms have to be filled out for the other colleges

Doogsy

yeah, those extra refrence forms are stupid. The way our school gives a principal refrence is WE have to write down everything we've done this year and last, give it to our role call teacher, he writes the refrence and the principal signs it. Our year co-ordinator and principal dont even know 90% of the years names. There were some people away on our grad practice and we had to line up in alphebetical order to go on the stage, and the year coordinator kept reading the wrong names. Ridiculous.

So does anyone have any tips on the interveiw process, anyone who has done it before? It would be a great help and I havnt been in an interveiw since my first job, which was like 3-4 years ago.

yrophet

HSC
N/A
hehe pity kenso applications require interviews now :)
If they did when I applied I probably wouldn't have gotten in!

Try to sound really enthusiastic and make it look like you are going to take part in all the social, cultural, sporting events etc. But also talk as if you are interested in doing well academically and will value the academic tutors and resident assistants in the colleges.

Good luck everyone

grimreaper

HSC
Brad said:
Shit i need to email them an book a time etc.... has everyone done that already???????
I sent an email but I got a reply telling me to wait to see if I got a co-op interview so I can do it on that day. Its quite hard for me to get to Sydney hehe

Doogsy

thanks for the ideas,
yea i live in port macquarie, so its hard to get around for interveiws, i applied for some qld scholarships to, which are gonna be a bitch if i get an interveiw.

s2ophie

HSC
its not bad having to do a separate reference because its handwritten and they get more out of it. I had one of my college's academic tutors quote what my principal had written to me and i think that probably made a lot of difference when it came to getting in.

In the interview be yourself, be friendly, be prepared to get involved once you move into college (there is no point going to college if you're not going to get as much as you can out of it). Be chatty ummm. I got questions like Who are your role models and what are your passions so be prepared for that sort of thing.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)