accommodation offer is still... (1 Viewer)

yosemite sam

HSC
No you might discover that while anu offers something like 27 later year courses, they only pick 10 to run each year, 5 in first sem and 5 in second. and first year history courses are very slim pickings. it can be a bit frustrating but if you can plan ahead to what you want to do next year etc. its not so bad.
There are also other history type courses within different faculties eg. i did intro to the modern middle east in first semester and it was a pretty good course. Really broad and covered a lot of interesting topics and great lecturer/tutor but the middle east wasnt really my cup of tea so i didnt stick with that faculty. The anthropology and gender studies courses can also be good for history studies and I think some of them can count towards a history major too but not 100% on that. So dont get disheartened if all of a sudden it looks like there are no good courses on offer...just try something different and it all counts to your degree in the end anyway, no major hassle if you end up with one crap course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)