Accommodation offers (1 Viewer)

imnotbatman

HSC
Any idea how the vacancies are atm? My friend has got an offer but I haven't got one yet although he applied for it on Dec 1st and I did it on Dec 24th.

danielloowk

HSC
Uni Grad
I applied in the guarantee period and I got my offer a few days ago, for a catered college. I think you should call the accommodation office if you haven't heard anything by now.

cerebellum

HSC
My friend applied after the guarantee period but before the actual deadline. She got her offer about 5 days ago. She only got unilodge though. Good luck. Be prepared to find alternate accommodation.

danniomc

HSC
Is Dec 24th a bit too late for a spot?
It's probably quite hard to tell... I would strongly advise you call the colleges/unilodges directly and plead to them to give you a spot, because they generally leave a few rooms spare to people who do that. They can avoid emails by simply not replying, but they can't avoid a phone call if you're that passionate. Best of luck!

imnotbatman

HSC
Damn what do you reckon the chances are? I already emailed them on Friday but haven't gotten a response (probably due to weekend + public holidays). I will call them up ASAP. What should I tell/ask them?

Last edited:

danniomc

HSC
Mainly tell them why you would be amazing for that college and what you can offer. Burgmann, Bruce and Johns will be much harder to get a spot, but I'd say that UniLodge and Fenner would still have quite a few places and the accom is quite nice. I'm at B&G, and don't actually know anyone there going into 1st year so I have no idea how hard it is to get a place there. Still, give all of the places a call and explain your situation, but more importantly, make it clear why they need YOU. So many people are in the same position as you so you need to make it clear why you stand out. Good luck!

imnotbatman

HSC
So it seems they replied through email saying that I did get an offer from Unilodge but I haven't received the email. However when calling up ANU accommodation, they said I'm under 18 and therefore I can't have/accept the offer? (They said they would get back to me at the end of the day.) Anyone else have this problem?

cerebellum

HSC
So it seems they replied through email saying that I did get an offer from Unilodge but I haven't received the email. However when calling up ANU accommodation, they said I'm under 18 and therefore I can't have/accept the offer? (They said they would get back to me at the end of the day.) Anyone else have this problem?
Call them up and make sure they send the offer letter to your email straight away. Double check with them that they have your correct email address. I'm not sure about the under 18 thing.

imnotbatman

HSC
I just called them. They said unilodge won't let me because I'm not 18 but they are seeing if there are any spots somewhere else from people who cancelled etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)