Accommodation (1 Viewer)

bt3000

MrA

how does living on the uni campus colleges work?

do u only pay for accom spent during the semester, etc, or do u have to pay for holiday time (if u decide to live elsewhere)?

how many weeks per year do u have to pay for usually?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You generally have to pay for 40 weeks in a year (and they usually want it a semester in advance). You won't find college accom for less than $5000 a year.

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
does anyone know if when colleges are going through applications, they consider their UAI's?

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
if colleges arent elitist what are the universities they provide accomodation for?

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
They do consider UAIs, or at least mine, Bruce does. My friend got told that they werent going to take her (she lives only 45 min out of canberra and they try and give accomm to people who need it more) but she had such a high margin (needed a UAI of 72, got 94) that they accepted her. They will look at your accademic stuff, talk to references, look at all sorts of stuff, its hard to get in as there is no where near enough places.

Bolkonski did you still want a bruce number? i dont think it will help ringing up and bugging them but if you want to ask questions or arange a tour or something i can give you gael (hall administrator) number. What did you want to know about hall life?

Bruce doesnt make oyu move out over holidays, and neither does B&G. I'm not sure about all the others but Ursies deffinetly does. And if you are worring about the money, i have to tell you, it's well spent. It makes life soooooo much easier. I know a girl, from the same town and school as me, doing the same degree and i found it so much easier to settle in and to meet people. Plus you have all the facilities there (computer labs, accademic tutors, kitchens, art room etc)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They can only consider UAIs if you tell them.
They consider the academic stuff u put on your application (and then may contact your academic referee).
However, guys don't fret if your referees haven't been contacted, I applied to Johns and they haven't contacted either of my referees but called me this week for an informal interview and pretty much told me I was in.
Also, another friend who got applied for Bruce got a letter to say he was accepted yesterday (hes already been accepted into ANU) and none of his referees were contacted either, nor was he called for an interview.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Originally posted by smegger_em
Bruce doesnt make oyu move out over holidays, and neither does B&G. I'm not sure about all the others but Ursies deffinetly does.
trust me to apply for the one that makes you move out :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)