Accomodation around Macquarie Uni (1 Viewer)

rwc

HSC
Why is decent accomodation around the university so hard to find?

Out of the three on campus places i can only afford the village but unfortunately i can't even stay there cause the waiting list goes on forever.

Has anyone found decent accomodation around the uni before? What's the best way to tackle it? I've tried various websites and that sss website off the macquarie homepage but everythings either taken or unsuitable.

Tips? Tricks? Websites? Contacts? Anything? Should I go and try a real estate agent (really don't want to).

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
realestate.com.au is your friend. Search for North Ryde, Mac Park, Epping, Eastwood, Marsfield and maybe Meadowbank.

Mind you, the area is getting pricey for rent. My partner and I had a one-bedder literally just up the road from uni. It was a bit of a dive and we were paying $255 p/w.

This time of the year will be a nightmare no doubt. But good luck :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MJ!

How's the new place/life going?! :D

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Hallo!

Really well, but THANK GOD ITS FRIDAYYY!! I've heard about the heat in Sydney. We've had it down here too; last night when we went to bed at 11 it was still 40 degrees. So gross. So I'm planning on catching up on all my lost sleep due to the weather (and lack of aircon in the bedroom).

How's life for you? Noticed in your sig you've been suckered in for another 3 years? Or is a DipEd 4 years? Congrats on getting a PhD placement too! I have to admit I'm sorta missing the anticipation that you feel with a new year at uni. No longer am I waiting up till midnight to ensure I get the tutorial place I want :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Hallo!

Really well, but THANK GOD ITS FRIDAYYY!! I've heard about the heat in Sydney. We've had it down here too; last night when we went to bed at 11 it was still 40 degrees. So gross. So I'm planning on catching up on all my lost sleep due to the weather (and lack of aircon in the bedroom).

How's life for you? Noticed in your sig you've been suckered in for another 3 years? Or is a DipEd 4 years? Congrats on getting a PhD placement too! I have to admit I'm sorta missing the anticipation that you feel with a new year at uni. No longer am I waiting up till midnight to ensure I get the tutorial place I want :p
Haha oh noes :( Yeah its been filthy, thank you duct air con!

Umm, hopefully it'll be 2 years, rofl, we'll see going to try and fast track it and use the teaching as part of the PhD thing :)

myhairbrush

HSC
Hey there,

If youre interested in decent off campus accommodation I have a room for rent in Lane Cove, right on the bus route for Macquarie Uni, here are the details:

1 furnished bedroom available for two students to share in a large 2 bedroom apartment. Located in Lane Cove in a quiet unit block, right on the bus route for both Macquarie University/ Macquarie Centre and City.
Short walk to Lane Cove Shops (supermarkets, cafes, banks, post office and sporting facilities) and a 5-minute bus ride to Chatswood.
Share fully furnished bathroom, laundry, kitchen and large living area with a young female professional.
The bedroom is furnished with built in wardrobe, 2 single beds, drawers and desk if desired.
Would suit responsible, clean, tidy, non-smokers. Rent is $160 pp plus utilities.

Room available from 7th February 2009. Call me, Leah 0417 500 799.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)