Accomodation at Gold Coast campus? (1 Viewer)

loser101

HSC
wheres a good place to get decent accomodation at GC?

i see there 1st semester on-campus accomodation for 08 has already been filled! that sux for first year students, a real put off for potential students.

N1C0L3

HSC
Yeh i tried to get semester 1 leases but they all gone... i had to get semester 1 and 2 and hope that if i decide to move sumwhere cheaper later, i can get someone to fill my spot.
But i am stayin at University Village, Parkwood, 500m from uni. $170 per week. looks nice. The griffith on campus accomodation is a rip off i reckon..so i suggest, University Village, University square (directly opposite it), Nexus place or Metro on Central lastly.
Goodluck

Justin51289

HSC
loser101 said:
"University Village, University square (directly opposite it), Nexus place or Metro on Central lastly."

would you have the contact details or a website for them?
I recommend Nexus Place. The managers are very friendly and the rent includes everything (Internet, Pay TV, Washing facilities..)

@ $163pw for a full year lease.

That is where I am staying.

J.

HSC
N1C0L3 said:
Yeh i tried to get semester 1 leases but they all gone... i had to get semester 1 and 2 and hope that if i decide to move sumwhere cheaper later, i can get someone to fill my spot.
But i am stayin at University Village, Parkwood, 500m from uni. $170 per week. looks nice. The griffith on campus accomodation is a rip off i reckon..so i suggest, University Village, University square (directly opposite it), Nexus place or Metro on Central lastly.
Goodluck
dude we live in the same complex yo

or will live, whatever

HSC
Hello i'm new here.

I'm going to GC next year and i wanted to know how good is that Uni Village?

Thanks.;)

HSC
griffith university village and university village are different things

the first one is part of the uni and is across the big red bridge over the smith st motorway, the second one is like five minutes walk from uni in parkwood

i heard the griffith one was massively overpriced and shit

RA GUV

HSC
N/A
Nah it's not. If your looking to live on Campus, meet people, live in a modern flat then you'll like it. I do live and work there so not wanting to sound too biased but they have new managment who are pretty cool (2 young guys), internet is fine, It's not the best but you will never get a connection like at home in any Student Acc but this one is fine for me.

friction

HSC
When staying on campus what is the social life like??

What is the social life of the whole university like?

I really dont know much about it but how big is it at the gold coast? (just the amount of people and size of the place)

RA GUV

HSC
N/A
Social life on campus is pretty ood. The village throws events for the students here and we have lots of meet and great BBQ etc - check out there facebook link http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1303034396&ref=profile

As for social life in the area, well pends on what your looking for really. Always stuff going on at crazy surfers so can't see anyone ever being socially bored up here thats for sure!

HSC
I didn't apply the accommodation there. I had my potentials up in JCU and i got offered up there to stay! Woot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)