Accountant Salary (1 Viewer)

BoredAzn

HSC
Does anyone know the starting salary of a commerce graduate (accountant or banker)? how much will it rise as time goes? Also how do i get into investment banking?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know the starting salary of a commerce graduate (accountant or banker)? how much will it rise as time goes? Also how do i get into investment banking?

Accounting grads can range from $40k up to $70k depending on where you work and what the role is. I think most big 4 would be in the low $50's whereas if you joined an accounting function in a bank where there are (presumably) less promotional/progression prospects, the starting salary would be closer to $65k. Keep in mind that the total remuneration package (or whatever they call it) is inclusive of both monetary and non-monetary benefits, as well as the other qualitative stuff such as training, promotional prospects, CA studies, flexible work practices, etc.

crazy_paki123

HSC
cant u get a job in accounting during your commerce/accounting degree?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

You're looking at around 100-140k with bonuses included for an investment banking salary.(lower as a commercial banker). Bonuses are where it counts. Base is around 90-100k, plus around 30%(?) bonus for a fresh grad.Salaries+bonuses depends on the firm, although there similar.

RealCamz

HSC
Investment banking is so hard to get into though. Getting your CGA, CMA or CA will definitely help you. I know most CMA's make at least 60k, and sometimes a lot more.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Bulge Bracket - 110k w/ bonus
Boutique - 90k w/ bonus

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Investment banking is so hard to get into though. Getting your CGA, CMA or CA will definitely help you. I know most CMA's make at least 60k, and sometimes a lot more.
$60k is what I made long before I was qualified and I'm an accountant. (it's also not too far off grad salary in a lot of places)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)