Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

kam9kan10

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
was wondering for those who have submited their contracts to their respected firms, did anyone get a receipt or response from them? like confirmation?
yer i got a letter basically along the lines of thankyou and we look forward to working with you next year.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
was wondering for those who have submited their contracts to their respected firms, did anyone get a receipt or response from them? like confirmation?
Yes i got something in via email which pretty much said thank you, we received your application, will be in touch etc

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
thers so many posts here its hard to keep track of who got wat!!!

so pplz: post updates on wat u got!!!!

lol leoyh stop creating confusion lmao

michael1990

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Establishing goals and objectives of people based on the finances they have now, is something required by legislation. Everyone does it to some extent, but only the best do it well and actually listen.

How old is he?
He is in his 40s.
He is great.

He isn't cheap but is fantastic.
Wouldn't give my money to anyone else.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
thanks guys for the reply

We have received your signed contract in the post, thank you.

lol...i didnt post thru mail oh well, its probly autogenerated

http://www.bdo.com.au

BDO Kendalls <---- does anyone know if this firm offers cadetships? didn't see it at the ICAA evening.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
So does anything happen until u start as a cadet? Or is this pretty much it until 2009.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
shilinjuju said:
So does anything happen until u start as a cadet? Or is this pretty much it until 2009.
You may get a letter/package/email confirming start date at some point in time but to be honest, not much happens until you get your uni offers and can confirm you are able to meet the requirements of the cadetship.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
shilinjuju said:
^ So then what happens wen u meet the requirements?
*shrugs* It's not a "formal ceremony" or anything! More like, after UAI results and uni offers are made, the firms will probably call or email you to find out if you are going to be studying a degree which will enable you to complete a cadetship and be eligible for the relevant post-graduate studies (i.e. CA).

jordankuai22 said:
actually, i would not sacrafice my anon position on this board to some stranger i dont know, nor would i subject any of my friends to the possible onslaught of hatred from people on this board towards this account.

edit: mainly because i dont trust you not to Xxxpose

/longsentence
Don't worry, if I was in your position and had a lot of people on forums not liking me, I wouldn't be revealing my identity to anyone either.

That being said, half the board here knows who I am- but I never posted it in public. Furthermore, quite a lot of the BAcc guys post on here and hang out with the cadets so I'm sure come next year, if you really were telling the truth, we'll all get to meet you at one of the many networking functions.

gaaay

HSC
Okay, im gonna mail my contract. but
The company has 2 addresses,
The buildings address and the PO Box..
which one do i write on the envelope? or are they all the same

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
gaaay said:
One is delivered to street and other is a PO box?

I'd send to PO box.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
gaaay said:
wasnt 25th July the last day to send in a contract??? according to the ICAA laws or something?

i think for pwc the reply paid envelope had a po box address. wat firm did u get?

JackyS

HSC
Hey,
Im just wondering if anyone could give me some insight/help on what to write for "academic achievements" for my university education...

My results havent been that flattering...
For both finance/accounting my results have been Credit Average...
is that good enough to write as an academic achievement??

i srsily cant think of anything else =(?

Could "steady improvement semester-ly" be an achievement? because at least i've been improvement on my marks every sem...

thanks.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
JackyS said:
Hey,
Im just wondering if anyone could give me some insight/help on what to write for "academic achievements" for my university education...

My results havent been that flattering...
For both finance/accounting my results have been Credit Average...
is that good enough to write as an academic achievement??

i srsily cant think of anything else =(?

Could "steady improvement semester-ly" be an achievement? because at least i've been improvement on my marks every sem...

thanks.
I guess... but it'd be rather weak. Is this in relation to a cadetship or a vaccy spot because whilst the two both are for positions without a degree, the strength of a vaccy app is gauged very differently to that of a trainee.

JackyS

HSC
umm... im applying for the summer vacation internships? like PWC, E&Y etc...?

yeah.... i agree credit average is hardly flattering... but i really dont have anything else to put? or i dont have any ideas?? hahaha

jimmyb8

HSC
hey i still dont know whether to go pwc or westpac.. ive got till monday to make a decision or both firms will get cranky

im leaning towards pwc.. only on the basis that they offer 7.5 hours study leave which is important and the fact it seems like a good idea to get some accounting experience

can someone give me a breif description of what Product Client Services (PCS) in tax and legal involves

will i be number crunching and filling in tax returns.. or are ther more interesting facets of the work? what would an average day in PCS involve?

many thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)