• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accounting Cadetship Queries :) (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
Same thing, internally you may also be called an Undergraduate Accountant, or an Assistant Accountant

For some programs first years can apply too I think

turtleface

HSC
For Cadetships, I doubt it. There are some rare cases I've heard of (e.g. once PwC advertised for a Com/LLB student to join its Forensics Dept as a quasi-accountant/photocopy slave), but generally no.

Whilst cadetships are good career opportunities, you should focus on getting a Vacation or a Co-Operative spot if you're second year. Though applications for the latter may have closed. They almost always lead to full time jobs, unless you are genuinely terrible, or you go to a snobby firm, or you're in an relatively obscure dept. like Tax or Corporate Finance where they don't take on as much people as Audit.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
turtleface said:
Same thing, internally you may also be called an Undergraduate Accountant, or an Assistant Accountant

For some programs first years can apply too I think
Undergraduate Consultant is what my card says :)

ToO LaZy ^* said:
do many firms accept 2nd yr students?
As pointed out, cadetships are usually only offered to HSC students, with a select few firms offering them to first year (EY being the only Big4 which does it regularly I believe?). Apart from this you're better off looking at vacation work if you're in 2nd year. I know a few ppl who did Vac work and claim they have been offered guaranteed jobs when they graduate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)