• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accounting cadetships 2010 (1 Viewer)

Susanna A

HSC
I just joined this forum to see if i could find any info out about cadetships for next year, but i can't see any other threads for it.

I'm in year 12 and I really want a cadetship rather than just going to uni - I think it would work better for me. I'm thinking of studying accounting. I got sent an email about this event, and wondered if anyone had been before, is anyone going, do you know if it's a good one to go to? It's free so I'll probably go anyway, but I was just hoping someone might already know a bit about it.

Cadetship

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just joined this forum to see if i could find any info out about cadetships for next year, but i can't see any other threads for it.

I'm in year 12 and I really want a cadetship rather than just going to uni - I think it would work better for me. I'm thinking of studying accounting. I got sent an email about this event, and wondered if anyone had been before, is anyone going, do you know if it's a good one to go to? It's free so I'll probably go anyway, but I was just hoping someone might already know a bit about it.

Cadetship
There's plenty of threads about it- I think there is even one above *points to top of list of threads which are stickied*, or failing that, use the Search function. Most things have not changed since previous years except there may be a different number of places on offer, and the conditions of leave/employment altered.

In terms of whether it is suitable, as I mentioned in another thread, a cadetship is first and foremost a full time job within the accounting field (professional services). Do a bit of Googling and reading up to find out what they are but in short, they are companies/firms which provide accounting services to normal companies either because the normal company doesn't have the required expertise/skill, or due to legal/compliance requirements (e.g. by law, companies need indepdendent auditors to keep them truthful and honest to shareholders).

With regards to the evening info session; its definitely worth attending as they will give a good overview of what the programs are really like as well as an opportunity to speak to both existing cadets and the human resources people to find out more about what each firm offers and what the experience may be like for you.

Susanna A

HSC
Thanks seremify - I'll have a nother look at some of the posts aboutprevious years too then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)