accounting cadetships - good or bad? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If it helps you prepare a bit, try NOT to forget the basic differentiations/integrations. You don't need to remember much from high school, but remembering how to do those two things will save you a lot of trouble trying to re-learn it in a 1 hour lecture.

roadcone

HSC
how much maths you will need depends on:

a) where you do your degree - I'm at UTS and I from what I can understand we aren't that into the crazy maths aspect in first year. Don't get me wrong you do stats and finance which are no walk in the park, but I don't think they compare to some of the stuff you have to do at unsw or syd [in saying that though i am pretty good at maths, so that may be my point of view]

and

b) what majors you choose - obviously a finance or economics major will be much more maths intensive than say accounting and business law (and by that I mean harder maths instensive, where you will need to use your integration, calculus and logs ect)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
To topic creator, if it helps, I can send you my notes from QMA (quantitative methods A) which'll show you pretty much what maths is involved in UNSW's ECON1202. PM me your email addy and I'll get in touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)