Accounting for Business Passmark (1 Viewer)

HSC
I was wondering if Acc for Bus had a conceded pass mark of 45?
It seems I got 44 as my mark so perhaps if I got my exam remarked I could get an extra mark and pass?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
UTS does not offer conceded passes for marks between 45% and 49%. This applies for every subject offered at UTS. Please see: http://www.gsu.uts.edu.au/rules/s3.html or bottom quote.

Some subjects offer a supplementary final examination for those who gained between 45% and 49% but it is under the discretion of the subject coordinator.
I don't think Accounting for Business offers supplementary exams, but you should still contact the subject coordinator (T.K. or Jon?) regarding this and if you want a remark or review of your final examination paper.

http://www.gsu.uts.edu.au/rules/s3.html said:
Grade Mark Range Descriptor
High Distinction 85–100 Work of outstanding quality on all objectives of the subject, which may be demonstrated by means of criticism, logical argument, interpretation of materials or use of methodology. This grade may also be given to recognise particular originality or creativity.
Distinction 75–84 Work of superior quality on all objectives, demonstrating a sound grasp of content, together with efficient organisation and selectivity.
Credit 65–74 Work of good quality showing more than satisfactory achievement on all objectives, or work of superior quality on most of the objectives.
Pass 50–64 Work showing a satisfactory achievement on the overall objectives of the subject.
Pass – Not Graded Work showing a satisfactory achievement on the overall objectives of the subject.
Satisfactory Awarded for projects or theses.
Fail (X) Unsatisfactory performance in a compulsory component of the subject.
Fail 0–49 Unsatisfactory performance in one or more objectives of the subject as contained within the assessment items.
Other notations
Industrial Experience Professional Experience/Industrial Training. A number may appear next to this grade to indicate the level of Industrial Experience.
Withdrawn Granted withdrawal from a subject without academic fail after the due date.
Withdrawn/Fail Withdrawn after the due date.
Administrative notations – results not finalised
E Grade not submitted.
Q Result pending the completion of a project, clinical practicum or field excursion where the student has not completed assessment task(s) by the end of the teaching period.
T 45–49 Formal supplementary examination to be completed within a designated examination period before a grade can be awarded.
W Result withheld. The Assessment Ratification Committee may determine that supplementary assessments are required, or that alternative examiners and/or alternative assessments are required because of misadventure.

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
A grade of 44Z (from my understanding) means that you received a mark somewhere between 44 and 49 inclusive, so you may have already received 45 or above, but it is still a fail under the subject conditions. From memory, the only time you would have a recorded mark between 45 and 49 is when you actually pass the subject, but you fail to meet some other criteria for the subject (like you didn't pass the practical component but you passed the exam). This is usually shown with another letter other than Z, don't remember what it is. If you get less than 44, then it will show somewhere between 0Z and 44Z.

So-net

HSC
回覆: Accounting for Business Passmark

Epitome of Lazy said:
I was wondering if Acc for Bus had a conceded pass mark of 45?
It seems I got 44 as my mark so perhaps if I got my exam remarked I could get an extra mark and pass?
There are no conceded pass in UTS....45~49 applies in Macquaire University... I don't know the others...... you need to get to 50 in order to pass your subjects..... no safety net .....

But becareful... you could fail your subjects as well if you get above 50....
a friend of mine do Quantitative Business Analysis... which requires student to pass both parts of the Final Exam....overall he get 59 or 60.... but he fail the final exams.... it end up a 60 X fail........

HSC
Re: 回覆: Accounting for Business Passmark

Thanks for the replies :)
I'm about to sit my exam again this monday :p
Wish me Luck!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: 回覆: Accounting for Business Passmark

So-net said:
But becareful... you could fail your subjects as well if you get above 50....
a friend of mine do Quantitative Business Analysis... which requires student to pass both parts of the Final Exam....overall he get 59 or 60.... but he fail the final exams.... it end up a 60 X fail........

All of the requirements to pass a particular subject are normally in the subject outline.

Donski

HSC
N/A
any private tutors available for this subject? needed asap.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
What topics do you need help on?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Not sure if I have the time right now to tutor in person, but I could answer emails... if you have specific questions on the work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)