Accounting or Architecture? (1 Viewer)

dan_viper88

HSC
Just a general question. What's Accounting like?. I'm thinking about transferring from a B Arts in Architecture to a B Business with a major in (Accounting) at UTS and I just wanted to know people's opinions on it.
I come from a mathematical and design background from school, but im thinking of changing because im a bit fed up with the artsiness of the architecture course?

Also, job prospects and money wise what do you thinks better?

volition

arr.
HSC
I think that job prospects in accounting are better than job prospects in architecture, but I'm not that knowledgable about these things. As for what accounting is like, have a look around in one of the textbooks to see what it's like.

turtleface

HSC
here we go lol

basically to answer your three questions:

Prospects
1. for every 1 accountant in Australia theres about 4 vacancies

Money wise
2. when you're a top accountant e.g. Equity Partner, CFO, Finance Director at large companies you will get $500,000 to like $2 million. Also theres more CEOs who are from Accounting than any other professions including Architecture, and CEOs are arguably the highest paid people in the world. Edit: grad accountants get shit, but more than architecture cause you guys have to go through that licencing period giving employers an excuse to pay less.

3. Whats Accounting like, make sure you read the "Accounting" topic that has almost identical subject matter and other topics like Accounting Salaries. also www.geocities.com/trekkieaccountant/faq though some of the 'facts' on this site are arguable.

Last edited:

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
turtleface said:
here we go lol

Prospects

Money wise
2. when you're a top accountant e.g. Equity Partner, CFO, Finance Director at large companies you will get $500,000 to like $2 million. Also theres more CEOs who are from Accounting than any other professions including Architecture, and CEOs are arguably the highest paid people in the world.

3. Whats Accounting like, make sure you read the "Accounting" topic that has almost identical subject matter and other topics like Accounting Salaries. also www.geocities.com/trekkieaccountant/faq though some of the 'facts' on this site are arguable.
wow, that sounds hawt... I want in. lol

turtleface

HSC
also if you want a higher salary like in the multi millions become an investment banker

YBK

HSC
turtleface said:
also if you want a higher salary like in the multi millions become an investment banker
yeah, I read that... but the lifestyle that comes with it seems utter lame.

YBK

HSC
hmmm.. what UAI is needed for accounting?

edit: oh, I found it.. it's 93.3

Last edited:

dan_viper88

HSC
turtleface said:
here we go lol

Prospects

Money wise
2. when you're a top accountant e.g. Equity Partner, CFO, Finance Director at large companies you will get $500,000 to like $2 million. Also theres more CEOs who are from Accounting than any other professions including Architecture, and CEOs are arguably the highest paid people in the world. Edit: grad accountants get shit, but more than architecture cause you guys have to go through that licencing period giving employers an excuse to pay less.

WOW Thanks! You were very helpful! Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)