acct 1001 practice set (1 Viewer)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Thanks. Finally I can post to the ledgers. Unless someone else tells me that this issue of shares is wrong and I proceed to kill them.

sarevok

HSC
Any ideas as to where dividends declared should be on a balance sheet? I don't think it's an expense.

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
SJ: 66410
PJ: 41560

i got those figures too
but where do they go???

under cr SJ to sales revenue
and dr PJ to purchases???

HSC
yep..revenue and purchases ledger

i have a few questions for you geniuses...

1. what are we meant to have in our inventory ledger?

2. why is my profit so big in my profit and loss summary ledger???
my expenses totalled 244231 and revenue totalled 955357

3 what figure do i put under retained profits in the balance sheet (worksheet one)

muchly appreciated :D:D:D

alexialight

HSC
What do we do at the end of the period with the inventory account? My inventory ledger is still blank

04er

HSC
would we write 2 entries for a payment received within the discount period in the subsidiary ledgers? so e.g. one for the sales discount amount and another for the amount received?

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
My Unadjusted trial balance doesnt equal.. I've checked my ledgers twice but in vain. Due to this, even the Adjusted balance is stuffed..
Also, is it only my book or is there really no column for Depreciation Expense - Store Fittings in the worksheet? In that case, where are we meant to put in the adjusting entry Q.5.a) coz wouldnt you

Dr Depn. Expense- Store Fittings
Cr Accum. Depn - Store Fittings

also, with store rent, Q.5.e) since it says that it was initially recorded as an expense, wouldnt you

Dr Prepaid Insurance $2000
Cr Insurance Expense $2000
(2000 b'coz initially its $6000.. so 6000/12 = 500 per month and from 1. March to 30 June is 4 months so 500 x 4 = 2000.) Please say I am right!!

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
its perdiodic inventory system.. so u dont need to worry abt uer inventopry a/c untill the stocktake and teh p n l statement.

sarevok

HSC
I would also like to know what we do with inventory ledger. I guess some how we have to reduce it down to the amount of ending inventory?

Apart from that I'm done :D

Edit: Nevermind, worked out how to do it. Just transfer the adjustments you did to inventory in the GJ during the closing process to the inventory account and the inventory ledger will come out to the balance of closing inventory. :)

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
yeah youll have to reduce it at some stage

post your p/l totals and balance totals people

and make sure p/l dr - cr is equal to bal dr - cr :)

04er

HSC
da_butterfree said:
My Unadjusted trial balance doesnt equal.. I've checked my ledgers twice but in vain. Due to this, even the Adjusted balance is stuffed..
Also, is it only my book or is there really no column for Depreciation Expense - Store Fittings in the worksheet? In that case, where are we meant to put in the adjusting entry Q.5.a) coz wouldnt you

Dr Depn. Expense- Store Fittings
Cr Accum. Depn - Store Fittings

also, with store rent, Q.5.e) since it says that it was initially recorded as an expense, wouldnt you

(2000 b'coz initially its $6000.. so 6000/12 = 500 per month and from 1. March to 30 June is 4 months so 500 x 4 = 2000.) Please say I am right!!
i know ay... i was also stuck on this so i just skipped it hehe

sarevok

HSC
da_butterfree said:
You have the right idea but your amounts are incorrect.

sarevok

HSC
No it isn't. You want to reduce insurance expense to 2000 and increase prepaid insurance to 4000, therefore it would be dr and cr by 4000.

alexialight

HSC
At the end do we have to write all of the opening balances for July 1 2005 for everything in the ledgers - cash, store supplies, etc?

04er

HSC
sarevok said:
No it isn't. You want to reduce insurance expense to 2000 and increase prepaid insurance to 4000, therefore it would be dr and cr by 4000.
Agreed. .......

04er

HSC
WaffenssLAH1985 said:
3.I debit my 'sale staff wages expense' 720 because ist, from backgound introduction on page 1, 2nd from calendar, i found that 24 June when the last payment of wages in the financial year was made is Friday, so the accrued wage needs include Jun24, that is 24, 25, 26, 27,28,29,30.
Could anyone confirm that? I thought the business was meant to pay its staff wages on a Thursday, so despite 24 Jun really being a Friday, I hypothetically assumed it was still a Thursday. So my accrued sales staff wages expense is only for 6 days. :confused: I fucking hate the ambiguity (not to mention the errors) in this practice set.

Last edited:
Can Someone Please Help Me Out?????? My Trial Balance Doesn't Balance And This Is Due In Two Days!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!! I'm Getting Very Frustrated And Stressed!!!! Can Someone Please Post Their Totals For The Cash Receipts Journal, Cash Payments Journal, General Journal, Sales Journal And Purchases Journal? Please!!! I Really Need Help!!!!!!!! Thanks!

alexialight

HSC
04er said:
Could anyone confirm that? I thought the business was meant to pay its staff wages on a Thursday, so despite 24 Jun really being a Friday, I hypothetically assumed it was still a Thursday. So my accrued sales staff wages expense is only for 6 days. :confused: I fucking hate the ambiguity (not to mention the errors) in this practice set.
Yeh I agree it sucks and no-one will give us a definate answer about it. I accrued 7 days though because like you said the 24th June is really a Friday, so $720. I just thought that maybe they only write the cheques on Friday for work done up until Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)