• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ACCT 2522 - High low method (1 Viewer)

hongco1990

HSC
N/A
Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about the high low method with relevant range involved. Hope you'll help me out. Like when we are given the relevant range, should we only pick highest and lowest point on scatter diagram within that relevant range to calculate cost function? Or we just pick any 2 points as long as they are the highest and lowest, no matter if they're in the relevant range or not?! (Then for any given activity outside the range, we just conclude the cost behaviour prediction is not accurate...)

Thanks in advance,

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about the high low method with relevant range involved. Hope you'll help me out. Like when we are given the relevant range, should we only pick highest and lowest point on scatter diagram within that relevant range to calculate cost function? Or we just pick any 2 points as long as they are the highest and lowest, no matter if they're in the relevant range or not?! (Then for any given activity outside the range, we just conclude the cost behaviour prediction is not accurate...)

Thanks in advance,
Pretty sure if you picked just any point then it wouldn't be the high-low method. It'd be the point-A-point-B method.
You pick the two points with the highest and lowest independant variables and draw a line between them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)