acct assignment (1 Viewer)

Ferrero

Has anyone done the acct assignment yet??
i am doing angus coote one, and .... need help....

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
erm i just started
haha i'm doing woolies and i don't know anyone else doing it, isn't that terrible. Part A didn't take very long, but i left out Q10 because i haven't actually read the textbook yet, and one of the short questions because it was weird.

part B looks terrible. i still don't know what financial reports are hahahahha. is it just the position, retained profits and performance?

and haha research.. as if

oh and we had to buy that martin dude's book.. how convenient. *sus look*

gah i am NOT touching accounting EVER again after doing 1A. EVER EVER EVER.

Ferrero

I have finished the part a, it's quite simple. but the part b seems a bit terrible. it asks for tons of resources. if it's a short question, i would answer it in no more than 3 lines.
i bought that 'tiger tiles', it's like 25 bucks for 60 pages. but what else can we do...

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
basically if i can scrap through and get a satisfactory pass then i'll be uber happy.
... resources? like are they expecting us to reference sources and stuff? 3 double spaced pages should be easy to bullshit

how BORING is that isabel gordon chick omg. i used to think i'm nerdy enough to handle boring people but that's just not cool dude

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I thought Isabel Gordon was good in her teaching...she went thru all the T-accounts and stuff pretty slow so that we understand...Martin is alrite as well...but he went a bit fast for the calculation bit!! =\

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
acct is sooo boring i hate it
esp that isabel lady and her 'take 30sec to talk to the person next to u' :rolleyes:
and bugeja, omg dun get me started, but he throws ppl out, which is pretty funny as long as its not u :D:p

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh
was it him who took last week's lecture?
hmm, haha i didn't go cos i thought it'd be isabel gordon

if i just read the textbook (i've really, honestly been meaning to do that, serious) do you think i'd still miss much?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yepyep, dammit him and his whiney voice!

lol yeah he just went through some examples, most of it is in the books. just read the lecture notes, u should be fine :)

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
acct is sooo boring i hate it
esp that isabel lady and her 'take 30sec to talk to the person next to u' :rolleyes:
and bugeja, omg dun get me started, but he throws ppl out, which is pretty funny as long as its not u :D:p

LOL yeah, he throws people out of lectures...he did that in my lecture!!...the Guy he threw out is in my Micro tute...God, it was funny!!! :rofl:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
yepyep, dammit him and his whiney voice!

lol yeah he just went through some examples, most of it is in the books. just read the lecture notes, u should be fine :)
yeah..if u read the text ..u shud be fine!!

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
I thought Isabel Gordon was good in her teaching...she went thru all the T-accounts and stuff pretty slow so that we understand...Martin is alrite as well...but he went a bit fast for the calculation bit!! =\

yeah isabel is good..but ppl in my lecs don't seem 2 like her

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i feel uber terrible for skipping the lecture now, haha it was like the only lecture i've ever skipped. i'm going to fail accounting :(

anyway, i need help!! with that Q10 about the change in the current ratio, i'm getting a bit intimidated by all the lines. is it meant to be specific to your company or do i just steal stuff from the textbook?

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
i reckon question 10 is related to the business/company u are doing..

This is because, Q8, and Q9 ask about the current ratios for 2003 and 2002 respectively and so, q10 asks u to compare why the current ratio has changed.

u can however confirm on the Blackboard's Discussion board.

Just be positive, u won't fail accounting :)

Last edited:

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm.. but still... all we can say is that the ratio of assets to liabilities has changed..... and that kinda doesn't fill up 11 lines

haha thanks perfectionist. i don't want to fail :(
<punches accounting in the face>

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
i reckon question 10 is related to the business/company u are doing..

This is because, Q8, and Q9 ask about the current ratios for 2003 and 2002 respectively and so, q10 asks u to compare why the current ratio has changed.

Yeah I'd probably give a basic analysis: current ratio has increased/decreased because current assets have decreased/increased or current liabilities decreased/increased.

Then incorporate a bit of company info into it, eg current assets have increased due to increased revenue/accounts recievable in 2003.
I think 7-8 lines would be sufficient, afterall the question does say "BRIEFLY describe the main reason....."

JUB JUB

HSC
where do i find out question 19???? i'm doing woolworths and can't find it!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hey jub jub i'm doing woolies too! haha wanna check answers? ;)

for Q19 i put down Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu... because that's who they paid fo auditing services, i could be wrong though.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Um...
I stopped dead in my tracks at part 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)