Acct1001 (1 Viewer)

konkzz

HSC
Hey,

I'm taking ACCT1001 for semester 1 and I'm wondering whether you need an interest in accounting to do well in this ?

I'm not really into commerce. Can I still succeed in Accounting 1 a ?

Also, how's the ACCT1001 lectures and tutorials at USYD ?

decypher

HSC
Since I haven't done this particular subject (I go to a different uni) I'll assume it is like a first introductory accounting course.

It shouldn't be too hard to pass, but if you are not interested you may find the work tedious and very boring. However I think a majority of people passed the equivalent course at UOW with little, or no effort. That being said there was still a number of people who failed the course. I guess this can be attributed to a lack of motivation or effort*.

So in short, a little bit of effort (e.g. going to lectures, understanding tute questions) should get you more than a pass, but no effort will not always mean failure (it really depends on the person).

*I'm excluding those at satellite campuses who got no lectures, tutes etc.

adgala

HSC
Hey,

I'm taking ACCT1001 for semester 1 and I'm wondering whether you need an interest in accounting to do well in this ?

I'm not really into commerce. Can I still succeed in Accounting 1 a ?

Also, how's the ACCT1001 lectures and tutorials at USYD ?
i did acct1001 2 years ago. i initially had no interest in commerce or accounting but as the semester progressed i found it really interesting. it's a very easy course once you get over debits and credits.

konkzz

HSC
That sounds awesome !

'Cause, yes, I do not really have an interest in commerce and if it's an easy course with easy concepts to learn then that would be most welcomed. So, ACCT1001 should be no problem ? I have a backgroud in business studies from the HSC. I wasn't TOO interested in that but it was an easy course and I did okay. Who are the lectures at USYD for ACCT1001 ? How do you rate them ?

How about ACCT1002?

Also, looking ahead at the second year, what is the difficulty of ECON1001, ECON1002 and
INFS1000 ? All of these commerce subjects seem hard and daunting since I do not have an interest in micoeconomics and macroeconomics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)