Acct1501 Final exam study thread (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
My friend and I thought that since there are no answers for the past papers or most of the questions in the textbook, we could compare on here.

I have answered the first 3 questions from the 2006 paper

We could also discuss any problems we are having with individual topics.

Chris.

HSC
please post the fukn bank reconciliation totals for each :burn:

"cries"

accounting sucks. i definitely shouldnt major in it.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
For 2006 I got the balance as per books=$4526.25

I shouldn't major in it either. Can someone help with the receivables-question 2

milton

HSC
where did u access the 2006 paper? i could only find 2005 and 2004 exams on the unsw library myCourse site.

i wonder what the failure rate is for acct1a... i mean, they cant fail too many ppl, can they?

T.Goodhew

Actuarial Co-op 06
HSC
Hopefully they will scale you guys... i don't know if your lecturer in charge is the same as when i did Acct 1A but i had Claudia and she was nasty... said there would be no scaling.

stephenchow

HSC
well, this semester we werent given any lecture slides on vista as well as any past papers unless you want to dig them up. Although apparently, digging up past papers wont be any useful since they changed the format for the test.

JackyS

HSC
i cant find the 2006 paper either, where is it?!?! =S!

HSC
2006 S2 ACCT1511 imo was a real slut, they started focusing more on extended responses (ie. material ) rather than bullshit journal entries. gl guys!

stephenchow

HSC
Oh man, I hope it wont be hard. Like why is Accounting so hard anywhere? So much stuff to consider when actually doing it.

HSC
its not hard its all about practise. i was getting my ass handed too me in 1b, i dedicated like 2hrs a day too it and its been about 5 days now and ive done about 30-40% of the course solid (not just "revise notes" but go over the work, bounce it off past papers) and i can tell u i feel very confident for those parts, and i got over a week left

let me tell u how i study for accounting. you basically got material, questions, extended questions and past papers right?

accounting is about a quick, brief, swift, but effecient study of your material, absorb as much as possible but dont drag on about it or you'll get caught up on stupid shit
THEN you HAMMER the questions, you find as many as you can, do al lyour tutorial, preperation questions and once u feel u can do them (you will make mistakes no doubt, the key is too learn exactly how something properly is done, (for instance a bank reconciliation u do that while looking at the steps, then do it without looking at the steps and correct yourself as many times until you get it right).... then you bounce it off past papers (look for same question in past paper)

now you might think its pointless too bounce it off past paper, but for me it gives me a sense of security that what im doing has direct relation and ive seen it at an exam. i always try my best too reflect all the work im doing from a past paper, it gives me great confidence while studying. and studying can be more effective when you're confident about your routine working

you must accept the fact that you WILL make mistakes, hell u might even make some 5min before the exam with some last minute practise, but realise that you learn from the mistakes and that its better than sitting on your hands not studying.

uni isnt about getting it right first go, you might be lucky too pull it off, but its all about self test-style/critical analysis studying, accomplied with revision of notes (that only helps its not the main source of study)

gl 1st years!

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
For the love of god, shutup.

Casmira said:
its not hard its all about practise. i was getting my ass handed too me in 1b, i dedicated like 2hrs a day too it and its been about 5 days now and ive done about 30-40% of the course solid (not just "revise notes" but go over the work, bounce it off past papers) and i can tell u i feel very confident for those parts, and i got over a week left

let me tell u how i study for accounting. you basically got material, questions, extended questions and past papers right?

accounting is about a quick, brief, swift, but effecient study of your material, absorb as much as possible but dont drag on about it or you'll get caught up on stupid shit
THEN you HAMMER the questions, you find as many as you can, do al lyour tutorial, preperation questions and once u feel u can do them (you will make mistakes no doubt, the key is too learn exactly how something properly is done, (for instance a bank reconciliation u do that while looking at the steps, then do it without looking at the steps and correct yourself as many times until you get it right).... then you bounce it off past papers (look for same question in past paper)

now you might think its pointless too bounce it off past paper, but for me it gives me a sense of security that what im doing has direct relation and ive seen it at an exam. i always try my best too reflect all the work im doing from a past paper, it gives me great confidence while studying. and studying can be more effective when you're confident about your routine working

you must accept the fact that you WILL make mistakes, hell u might even make some 5min before the exam with some last minute practise, but realise that you learn from the mistakes and that its better than sitting on your hands not studying.

uni isnt about getting it right first go, you might be lucky too pull it off, but its all about self test-style/critical analysis studying, accomplied with revision of notes (that only helps its not the main source of study)

gl 1st years!

Dwight

HSC
Practice makes perfect. Personally, I just read my notes and look at the practice answers they give, and I end up doing fine. Not too sure about the long-term benefits of doing this though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)