Acct1501 - Perdisco (1 Viewer)

Lavenderpup

HSC
wtf. you want answers? it's an assignment. you wish. >_> however, if you want to cheat, go and make yourself another account and make up the student number and use that closed reserve thing :/

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Hi, I know it said for the transactions if the description is a little different it doesn't matter, but I put purchased soccer balls and the answer was credit purchase. I still got a green tick. Does that mean I still get full marks?

When you get something wrong do you get a red cross?

Chris.

HSC
i also got a tick too and realized that my description was not very good. i doubt they'll go through all of them and mark it?

anyway...how do u work out how much discount u receive when paying back somebody and the terms are like 2/30, n/30 or sumthing etc.

stephenchow

HSC
Yeah , I thought the discount would be like 2/10 times what ever you owe but its not and so I got many red ticks

EDIT: For the descriptions I reckon you could just put down anything and you'd still get it right because they dont mark that bit

Last edited:

Lavenderpup

HSC
yea.. description doesn't count. well.. if you just missed the section, then you don't get any icon, but if you wrote it wrong then its probably a cross.
if its 2/10, then that means 2% discount if paid within 10 days. so 0.02 x whatever it is. So anyone up to the worksheet? :/ Because wtf is going on with that section o_O

Last edited:

Chris.

HSC
Lavenderpup said:
yea.. description doesn't count. well.. if you just missed the section, then you don't get any icon, but if you wrote it wrong then its probably a cross.
if its 2/10, then that means 2% discount if paid within 10 days. so 0.02 x whatever it is. So anyone up to the worksheet? :/ Because wtf is going on with that section o_O
really?
it says i payed back 3123..and fell in the discount period of 2/10

so does that mean i have to full change all my entries?
like CASH PAYMENTS JOURNAL: the total would be 3060.54 instead of 3123 because i had to minus the 2% discount?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Don't forget to round up the numbers to the nearest dollar.

I'm only up to week 2. I don't like doing assigments over the computer. Atleast it's not timed :D

stephenchow

HSC
Week 4 is the end of the month ?
and thats when we do like the cash at bank and ARC and APc?

Chris.

HSC
ok i just fukd up transactions week 2.
for all teh accounts payable and receivable for each company, i also posted to the accounts payable control and accounts receivable control....

i got like 9 crosses or sumthing on that one page

stephenchow

HSC
Chris. said:
ok i just fukd up transactions week 2.
for all teh accounts payable and receivable for each company, i also posted to the accounts payable control and accounts receivable control....

i got like 9 crosses or sumthing on that one page
lol I also did that and then on week three i didnt post anything in those things and didnt much get much right as well. OHHHHHH SHITTTTTTT

accounting sucks. There's so much shit to take care of. sometimes i wonder if they made accounting so complicated so that people who are accountants look much better than greasy bold men in dark rooms with visors writing just numbers on a sheet

EDIT: and ima need someone to confirm that i can post sutff in the "Cash in bank", arc and apc.

Lavenderpup

HSC
no, its in week 5. it'll tell you in the instructions area with more instructions. And i tend to print it out and fill it in, but the worksheet is confusing and misleading and those people who posted on webct on that bit aren't particularly helpful..

Chris.

HSC
so ummm...can we make this clear..
we dont touch the accounts payable control/accounts receivable control, purchases, discounts, cash at bank until week 5 transactions (end of the month)??

Lavenderpup

HSC
nope to that either xD you do that when you need to write stuff off and etc. the accounts payable things that is. not the cash at bank, revenue, etc..
and damn that worksheet >__> I missed one little thing in one of the columns and then i get a few million crosses too by the time i get to the totals u.u argh. was going so well too..

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I got two red crosses:mad1:...I hope I don't loose many marks. How disappointing

Lavenderpup

HSC
in the worksheet one?
well up till that point i had just one red cross. then hello to about 10 of em *weeps*

Loz_metalhead

HSC
From the beginning to week 4 I have 3 red crosses and I accidently left something out...so I guess 4:(

I'm doing week 5 now. Is the general ledger supposed to balance:S...also, what is the description when posting each total from the special journals...is it just the same as the posting reference?

Lavenderpup

HSC
description has never mattered so yes its the same.
general ledger balancing.. you mean you calculated them? well.. no need since not all the ledgers are present. so i suppose.. thats a no.

wonder if anyone's done teh closing entries. I have momentarily forgotten everything =/

Chris.

HSC
perdisco is starting to fukn piss me off

so i didnt put in a journal entry in the general journal even though it highlighted and said i had to..i was too tired.

anyway....in the next section there is still nothing there...does that mean i have to go back and work out the answer for it?

and also...wen u pay wages...how do u know wen to debit from wages payable or wages expense...

aiming for a pass.................

stephenchow

HSC
What are you up to?

Just with the worksheet, what do you do in the I/S and B/S columns?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)