ACCT1501 textbook and its study guide (1 Viewer)

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
Hello, seeing as how expensive the textbook is, i resorted to just buying an ebook and was contemplating on purchasing the study guide as well, so i just wanted to ask how useful the study guide was and its differences from the actual textbook, thanks

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Not useful at all , full of errors in the study guide... not worth it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Study guides were never helpful in uni. I find it funny how perfectionist many of us are during HSC to get the best atar/Uai to get into the course but the. It doesn't take long before the mindset of a pass or credit will do just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mreditor16

HSC
Tbh from what I've heard from seniors, this study guide is useful with summaries and practice Qs (both MC and short-answer) with full solutions. So I have bought it, but have not used it yet, so I cant speak about my opinion on the study guide yet. A good idea would be to ask your friends (who have bought it) how they find it as the semester progresses and if you get good feedback, then go buy it! If I remember, later on this semester, I'll post my thoughts about the guide!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh from what I've heard from seniors, this study guide is useful with summaries and practice Qs (both MC and short-answer) with full solutions. So I have bought it, but have not used it yet, so I cant speak about my opinion on the study guide yet. A good idea would be to ask your friends (who have bought it) how they find it as the semester progresses and if you get good feedback, then go buy it! If I remember, later on this semester, I'll post my thoughts about the guide!
As I said, soon you will discover errors in many questions. Even the lecturers said so.

mreditor16

HSC
As I said, soon you will discover errors in many questions. Even the lecturers said so.
We'll see, but I don't get why lecturers would say that and then go write in the course outline "UNSW strongly recommends the purchase of the study guide".

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
We'll see, but I don't get why lecturers would say that and then go write in the course outline "UNSW strongly recommends the purchase of the study guide".
Because textbook writers (apparently 2 UNSW Academics) will gain profits

twinshadow

HSC
Can anyone please help me?!
V Ltd's records at year end showed that there were 60 units on hand at cost of $50 each. A stock count at year end found there were only 52 units of inventory on hand. V Ltd had sold 100 units of inventory in the last month of the year realising a net price of $45 after selling costs. Which of the following statements is true?

Select one:
a. Sales in the last month of the year $4 500
b. Loss of inventory $660
c. Inventory on hand at year end $2 600
d. Inventory on hand at year end $2 340

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)