ACCT3563 is killing me (1 Viewer)

lawipthelp

HSC
ACCT3563 is absolutely killing me this semester.

Everyone in the class gets 5/10s in quizzes and no one seems to know how to improve.

The lecturer is incredibly unhelpful.

I'm seriously considering dropping it before the census date.

I need help - as much as I can. Does anyone have anything they can throw me? Thanks.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep working hard, it will be worth it at the end. Tho got low marks in quizzes, still managed to get a HD :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wait, this is 3A. Meh, wasn't that bad. Didn't do great but still got a 73.

Last edited:

asi9

HSC
HD more than achievable. Quizzes are probably where you'll lose the most marks but you can make up for it in the easy finals since it only covers 3 topics.

Confound

HSC
apparently everyone got 100% in final exam

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
Keep working hard, it will be worth it at the end. Tho got low marks in quizzes, still managed to get a HD :)
I've seen some of your posts and you definitely seem very smart, just like literally everyone else at UNSW - it seems that everyone that does commerce (or at least most of them) has AT LEAST a 75 WAM, especially those students that say "I'm so fucked for my exam in 2 days, haven't even started studying" when I ask them about it, only for them to proceed to HD the exam and eventually the entire course. What are your secrets? Do people with a D/HD av. actually study hard or are these genius level intellect students actually telling the truth when they say that they study for 2 days? I'm absolutely stumped because I'm getting fucked by commerce subjects that people seem to have an easy time HDing - maybe I should drop out and just live my life comfortably as a massage therapist.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen some of your posts and you definitely seem very smart, just like literally everyone else at UNSW - it seems that everyone that does commerce (or at least most of them) has AT LEAST a 75 WAM, especially those students that say "I'm so fucked for my exam in 2 days, haven't even started studying" when I ask them about it, only for them to proceed to HD the exam and eventually the entire course. What are your secrets? Do people with a D/HD av. actually study hard or are these genius level intellect students actually telling the truth when they say that they study for 2 days? I'm absolutely stumped because I'm getting fucked by commerce subjects that people seem to have an easy time HDing - maybe I should drop out and just live my life comfortably as a massage therapist.
Hi, I'm well flattered :) ok the truth is, not many people get a D average. In fact, it seems to be a lot harder than you think: it might be easy to get a 75 on some subjects, but consistently getting above 75 over all other subjects (let alone harsh marker and accidents) is no easy job.

To be honest I'm not sure if others are bragging or not, maybe they did get a good mark at the end. But hey, I'm not comparing myself to anyone Coz I know I have managed to link all my knowledge into my conceptual framework. That means, whenever I see something relevant in life, it reminds me of a particular content from the course. I do remember stuffs after exams, that's all that matters to me.

I wouldn't say any commerce subject is easy. In fact , they are reasonably hard so that we can think, and understand the society. I think to many levels, to the very root... I'm doing honours next year, if everything goes smooth. As far as I see, those that say commerce is easy, either are really very smart (like 5% of the people? We are all ordinary people), or either won't have a conceptual framework linking all they have learnt, although they might get a good mark (think if that's really meaningful?)

Keep working hard because I get lower mark in my early assignments, but always manage to save everything at the end. Because I push myself. You can be sad for a while, but when u get over it, times up and study /fight again.
To my knowledge, there's no way to achieve HD in 2 days unless you really are a genius. HD requires consistent efforts throughout the whole semester. Those that say they don't study but achieve DN, that might be true (cramming or lying), but I assure you, they forget everything the second they finish it. And again, ask yourself if this is really what you want? Is this meaningful? So I don't like cramming.. The whole point is against going to university and study.

I hope that helps! Please, don't give up. As far as I see, the competition in uni isn't about intelligence, but hard working.

Last edited:

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm well flattered :) ok the truth is, not many people get a D average. In fact, it seems to be a lot harder than you think: it might be easy to get a 75 on some subjects, but consistently getting above 75 over all other subjects (let alone harsh marker and accidents) is no easy job.

To be honest I'm not sure if others are bragging or not, maybe they did get a good mark at the end. But hey, I'm not comparing myself to anyone Coz I know I have managed to link all my knowledge into my conceptual framework. That means, whenever I see something relevant in life, it reminds me of a particular content from the course. I do remember stuffs after exams, that's all that matters to me.

I wouldn't say any commerce subject is easy. In fact , they are reasonably hard so that we can think, and understand the society. I think to many levels, to the very root... I'm doing honours next year, if everything goes smooth. As far as I see, those that say commerce is easy, either are really very smart (like 5% of the people? We are all ordinary people), or either won't have a conceptual framework linking all they have learnt, although they might get a good mark (think if that's really meaningful?)

Keep working hard because I get lower mark in my early assignments, but always manage to save everything at the end. Because I push myself. You can be sad for a while, but when u get over it, times up and study /fight again.
To my knowledge, there's no way to achieve HD in 2 days unless you really are a genius. HD requires consistent efforts throughout the whole semester. Those that say they don't study but achieve DN, that might be true (cramming or lying), but I assure you, they forget everything the second they finish it. And again, ask yourself if this is really what you want? Is this meaningful? So I don't like cramming.. The whole point is against going to university and study.

I hope that helps! Please, don't give up. As far as I see, the competition in uni isn't about intelligence, but hard working.
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, admittedly my habits are pretty bad (studied 8 hours for every final exam this semester - ended up sleeping at 4/5am for every one, definitely not a good idea. Won't be surprised if I get put on academic probation). What I've noticed is that people who did well in year 12 tend to do well in uni, do you reckon this is true? I probably won't be able to graduate with even a C WAM tbh. There goes my job prospects. Honestly though, I'm the kind of person that only does a lot of hard work when he's stressed/has a deadline to meet/has a higher up breathing down his neck, something a commerce lifestyle doesn't really offer. Also, you also definitely look like a D/HD student, so I guess that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)