ACE Free Online Seminars – Mod 1&6 Chem, Sunday 5/2 6:30-8:30pm (1 Viewer)

jgaw99

HSC
Hi everyone, I’m Justin and I’m the Head of Chemistry and Academic Lead at ACE.

I graduated from James Ruse in 2016 with an ATAR of 99.95 and 5 state ranks including 15th in Chemistry. I am excited for ACE to be offering a new series of completely free online seminars to review each module in the Prelim and HSC syllabi as we move through the year! We are kicking these off on Sunday 5th of Feb with Module 1 and Module 6 Chemistry seminars running from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. These sessions are open to everyone, and we'll go through some key concepts of each module before working up to some of the most challenging exam style problems you might face in your upcoming assessments.

I would love to see everyone jump on to work through these interesting concepts and questions! By the way, these are meant to be advanced seminars for students who are working hard to sharpen their skills and refine their exam prep. They might move too quickly if you don't have any experience with Mod 1/6, or if you've forgotten a lot of the key ideas.

Module 1 - held by Jerry (99.95, Ruse 2019, SR Chem) and me.
Link: meet.google.com/hpi-zotd-aea
Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCIuFCdMLA7HyZaPF731h8QzHEUU2cx32y8dB7H775OXwBOQ/viewform

Module 6 - held by Jay (99.9, SBHS 2018, SR Chem) and Minha (99.9, Ruse 2022, SR Chem)
Link: meet.google.com/ycy-mnes-oho
Registration: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCIuFCdMLA7HyZaPF731h8QzHEUU2cx32y8dB7H775OXwBOQ/viewform

P.S. You can join directly on Sunday using the Google Meet links above, or use the rego form to ensure we send you an email reminder with the link on Sunday!

Samwise97

HSC
Does this cover nuclear decay? And do you have to book in to join?

jgaw99

HSC
This seems great! Are there any other times available though 😥
Does this cover nuclear decay? And do you have to book in to join?
Yes, the Mod 1 seminar will cover nuclear decay. You don’t have to register to join but it might help remind you for tomorrow.

We’re only holding one session, but it’ll definitely be worth your while if you can make it, even if you can only join for a bit. However, keep your eyes peeled for other free ACE wrap-up seminars for physics, and for the other modules later in the year 😄 Following our socials (ace.hsc) will keep you informed of future sessions!

jgaw99

HSC
Thanks! Will there be recordings that I can watch after?
Unfortunately we won't be recording this seminar. While we do keep recordings of all our ACE lessons for students, when we run these free public seminars, a big "Recording" logo can create a barrier for students to speak up and get involved in the discussion and cause privacy issues.

jgaw99

HSC
Ok please let me know if there will be another seminar coming soon!
No worries 😊. For everyone else, don't forget to hop on tonight at 6:30pm and/or sign up using the registration link before the seminar ends to get access to the seminar slides for a limited time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)