Achieving 90+ (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I've just started yr 12 and i've set myself a goal of UAI 90+ but in yr 11 i was lazy and didnt study as much as i should have for exams but somehow still managed to get marks ranging from 70-93% in exams and assessments. For the last week, i have been really making an effort to pay full attention in class and be slightly ahead with making comprehensive notes, so i dont get lost in class and understand the new stuff better. I have also been revising every night with what i have learnt so far (at the moment its not much because its only been 5 days of yr 12 lol). I was thinking if i keep this up for another 52 weeks or so, i could achieve what i thought was very hard to achieve. I dunno why, but all this work would have been hell in year 11, this term i suddenly feel inspired to work and study. I actually enjoyed this week too which is a bonus. So i was wondering what you guys think about getting 90+ UAI with respect to what i just said?

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
Whoa.... your situation almost perfectly mirrors mine - yearly marks ranging from 93%-71% - decent amount of effort put into year 11 but hardly as much as I could, and have been doing this week prior.

If you can maintain your study for those 52 weeks (and 2 days) :p I'm damn confident you'll go for 95+.

7th Sign

HSC
man dont worry with your subjects and alot of study you will get 90 + easy...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i think i've got the potential, just needed some confirmation from others :)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
With your subjects you'd get over ninety with bottom level band 5's (or band 3's for the math subjects) and you can do that easily with your kind of motivation. Don't worry 'bout it, you'll kick ass.

Guernica

HSC
Good luck, mate.
I've started with massive motivation like you - and enjoyed this week :D

But... I know it won't last for me.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
or it could be the inverse of what most people are actually doing where they are actually doing the whole course in the space of a few days for most of their subjects :p

tennille

HSC
When I was in year 11, I obtained marks around the 70s for basically everything. In year 12, I managed to get in the 80s and 90s. If you are motivated and determined, and put effort into going well, you'll achieve your goal. Your marks in year 11 aren't necessarily an indication of how you will go in the HSC.

And also, you are doing subjects that scale you well. If you go well in those, you're likely to get a really high UAI.

TYCOT

Imperium
HSC
i'm also year 12 now from this term, just wanted to voice my opinion on this.

its great that everyone has so much motivation this early in the course, but just beware you guys might burn out. don't do things to excessively, being progressive is the key.

HSC
I had alot of motivation, and I maintained it to this day, there's a difference between a sudden 'good feeling' about going well, and determination.

you need to be determined not just 'want' to get high marks. set your self up timetables and follow them strictly, remind yourself any time you don't you wont get that 90+

saying that, If you guys study a few hours (not 8+ like us year 12s) a day even during holidays by the time half yearlies come, you will probably annihilate them

STUDY AHEAD

IF you feel unsure about a topic, study over it now, if you are bored, STUDY AHEAD

i wish i had the free time back in year 12 early to make all the difference

DO NOT PISS AWAY LITTLE 10% ASSESSMENT TASK!!, I did for Software and it cost me 1st place, now im 6th! even though only 5 marks difference, my teacher said I got higher for everything else in the year except my first assessment, hence I lost 5 ranks because I was lazy then (well I did have motivation but I didnt go into full gear)

good luck and enjoy term 4 its a breeze, everything tends to go downhill after year 12 half yearlies

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm doin the same courses as you Riviet [bar chem] and I reckon I'm set for 95+. Now we have to push and get more. I'm looking for a 99, but I really wanna get 98 to do Journalism.

iaali88

omg

thats not enuf, u have to do more otherwise youll fail

haha
ur an idiot Riviet
ur just drawing attention to urself

btw, 2005 hsc is easy as

Last edited:
HSC
I remember i had that "sudden good feeling" when i began yr 12 last year... especially cos i had just started my major works for drama and english ext 2 and was really excited about them. It's really hard to keep that feeling going, though, cos for alot of people it's a result of the initial excitement of starting the HSC.
I know that i had the potential to get high 90s but im not a motivated person so im aiming at 93 to get into my uni course.
I reckon only a very small percentage of people can stay motivated constantly for the entire year. If your not the sort of person who can continue to be motivated day in and day out then dont stress! Just work consistantly- it doesnt have to be perfect- and come HSC work ur arse off for those few weeks.
Its really easy to get burnt out in year 12... if you put all ur effort into the first few terms, come HSC u just cant do it anymore.

iSam

HSC
Yep

I'm in pretty much the same position. Similar subjects and almost exactly the same range of marks. I haven't put any effort into any of my school work for the last eleven years, but like you, I really want to work hard this year.

I want to go for a 90+ UAI as well, although I have no idea what I want to do at Uni. I just want to keep my options open. I know that I'd like to go to Sydney, but I don't know what I want to do there.

I don't really have any advice, seeing as though I was having the same dilemma, but it's good to know I'm not the only one.

Intriguing i am

HSC
Blab

Yeah, im starting year 11 soon and i just want to know what post-modernism is like considering that im doing extension english

P

pLuvia

iaali88 said:
thats not enuf, u have to do more otherwise youll fail

haha
ur an idiot Riviet
ur just drawing attention to urself

btw, 2005 hsc is easy as
Get 100 then say that again ;)

Yeh, I have the same feelings as you Riviet, I just started to feel more motivated and inspired to try harder and do better :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)