Achieving Credit Average in Commerce (1 Viewer)

Mannix

HSC
I've read in this little handbook thingy that generally to receive the oportunity to do honours you need to get a credit average. Is this completely true? and not only that, how hard is it to get that in commerce?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's not hard at all to get and maintain a credit average at all in commerce, you should be crediting nearly all your subjects... I've got an above credit average and I only turn up to lectures ever now and then, hardly ever do my tute homework and spend too much time at the bar. So if you take uni seriously and put hard work in, then you should be fine.

Yeah, honours usually required a credit average.

Mannix

HSC
yeah man thanks heaps..im sure ill catch you at the unibar

One more thing...im trying to work out this whole timetable bullcrap.

When it says something like "2L, 1T" Does that mean 2 Lectures and 1 Tutorial? or does it mean 2 hours worth of lectures and 1 hours of worth of Tutorials..

or are they much of the same?

Thanks again

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
It means two hours worth of lectures and a one hour tute. That could mean two one hour lectures or one two hour, depending on what the timetable says.

If you put in the effort, however, credit averages aren't hard.

santaslayer

HSC
Isn't hard in first yearcompared to a lot of other degrees. Maintaing a credit average in later years however, will depend on the major you are attempting.

Ninga

HSC
Credit average in commerce is easy I've heard. I've heard from commerce students, and of these i know many, that marks are pretty much dependant on how much effort you put in. Its not like you need a natural talent for it or anything, ie you wouldnt be doing creative arts if you didnt have a creative bone in your body. But commerce...is different :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Ninga said:
Credit average in commerce is easy I've heard. I've heard from commerce students, and of these i know many, that marks are pretty much dependant on how much effort you put in. Its not like you need a natural talent for it or anything, ie you wouldnt be doing creative arts if you didnt have a creative bone in your body. But commerce...is different :)
No, for half of the commerce degree, you don't even need to work hard, you don't need talent or ability. As long as you can write your name and understand the bleeding obvious, then a credit average is very attainable.

And who does the timetable, UOW employs their own underground oomper loompers to do it. Actually, they don't publicise who organises it too much because then it avoids students being able to target their aggression.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Last year was the first year (I heard) where a central system set timetables up. Beforehand each faculty dealt with their own timetables, but it seems now, a central system does it for everything.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
poloktim said:
Last year was the first year (I heard) where a central system set timetables up. Beforehand each faculty dealt with their own timetables, but it seems now, a central system does it for everything.
well, it isn't doing a very good job.

i'd rather the oompa loompas.

Gomer

HSC
Shits! Timetables! I best freakin' look into that sometime soon...

Maybe tomorrow? Or the next day? Hmm, well apparently in my B Biotech you have to achieve credit average to get honours. But honours is in the degree. *shrugs*

My sister said it would be easy'ish..

-- Gomer

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, you might want to work out a timetable soonish. :D

Credits are pretty easy to obtain, distinctions aren't. High Distinctions are very rare and if you get over 90+ for a non-multiple choice subject, then you've obviously slept with the lecturer.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I deny everything you might have heard about me. No sleeping was involved...

Ok, that sounded wrong... Nothing happened. I was never at the lecturer's house or office, and I have never screwed any of my lecturers... There are choices I'd make if it came to having to sleep with them, one being death.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
But you're lecturers tend to be balding old fat bastards, whereas mine are ermmm... balding old fat bastards... sleeping with lecturers...eww. The tutors on the other hand, some of them are quite fine :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)