Acoustic Chinese Fender and Cort's. (1 Viewer)

PorkkChop

HSC
Okay so my sister being the ninny she is went out and bought an acoustic guitar.

Just so you know, she doesn't know how to play guitar, she thought buying one would help motivate her to learn.

Anyway, she bought it at cash converters for about $90 - $100 Australian, and got the case it came in with the fender label/in-denty thing across it for I think $150.

The guitar and case are pre-loved, the guitar is in good shape, just a tiny bit of rust around the metal tuners but nothing bad. The case has been knocked and has a dent in it, and it smells inside, but I suppose that could be cleaned. In all, they're both in good shape and workable but I'm wondering if she got ripped off?

I researched acoustic Chinese Fender's and they usually sell at around $125.

Also, what would you estimate the price? I figure with the case and guitar together as a package she could probably get $300 if she was lucky.

I have a Cort acoustic earth series that I got for $300 at the end of 2007. I don't have a proper casing for it but I have a pretty sort of creamy bag it came in with padding.

here it is...

http://www.musikmarkt-plauen.de/catalog/images/cort_earth_set.jpg

I'm not planning on ever selling it (I love it far too much) but I was wondering how much it would be worth now. And also how Cort's ranked with other guitars, if they're a good buy or not. The guy at the store said that the one I got was a good deal.

Thankyouu :)

Arctopus

HSC
I'd say the Cort would be worth about $100 if you sold it now, depending on condition and what not. Cort guitars are usually well made, good sounding instruments. They're mainly aimed at beginners to intermediates and their products can range from around $100 to the mid $1000's. That doesn't really matter though, if it feels good and sounds good to you, play it no matter the price.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
eh she didn't get ripped off really.

If she doesn't take it seriously then she will have spent the minimal amount of money to get a somewhat enjoyable guitar.

If she DOES take it seriously, she can get a new, better one later on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)