acst 200 stat272 discussion (1 Viewer)

BoganBoy

HSC
anyone whos done 200 and 272 exams how you guys found it?

200: paper 1 was fairly standard. most of my friends found it very easy. i stuffed up on a few questions, found out straight after exam, feel very bad. hope friday is alright.

272: medium difficulty in term of 272 paper. a few hard questions, most are challenging but doable. left out a few subsections but overall i dont feel that bad.

P

pLuvia

200: very bad test for me, I hope friday isn't too hard hopefully get cr and don't have to repeat it

272: better than 200 for sure. Missed out on a lot of the last question and fudged like 1 or 2 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BoganBoy

HSC
finished all the exams!! yeah!!

Paper 2 of 200 is totally good. not many tricks and straightforward. do make up sum lost ground for paper 1.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
BoganBoy said:
finished all the exams!! yeah!!

Paper 2 of 200 is totally good. not many tricks and straightforward. do make up sum lost ground for paper 1.
Agreed, thought it was sweet. I was really surprised that Farmer didn't use a lot of those questions where the wrong answers were from errors, I thought most of the paper would be like that. Paper 1 was okay, but I'm bound to make silly errors, and I think the vast majority of people are.

I'm doing the stat272 paper these holidays due to pretty bad illness, but from what I heard, the paper was actually really hard. Most of the people I know actually really hated the 272 paper :(. Then again, you went to James Ruse according to your profile so I'd imagine you and the other James Ruse peeps are pretty smart haha, and you have the same birthday as me LOL except you're one year older. Is this Kenneth by any chance?

HSC
200 was pretty straight forward, both tests. but i kno i made some mistakes in the first paper.
don't you hate it when u get home and go "arrr fuck now i remember how to do it" ahah.

272 was horrible. please say that they move all the raw marks up lol. im just hoping for a 60 for this subject, anything over that is a bonus. but then i have to make it up in stat271 :(

does anyone know the difficulty of acst255 vs acst 200? and stat271 vs. stat272

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
does anyone know the difficulty of acst255 vs acst 200? and stat271 vs. stat272
Acst255 is quite easier than than Acst200 imo. While I found stat271 to be a bit tougher than stat272 since it asks you to explain concepts rather than do proofs as stat272 requires. I found that stat271 was an extension of stat271, as you do a lot of hypothesis testing.

Having said that, since Suzan Curtis teaches 271 it makes it a bit easier since she practically gives away the final exam questions :D

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
200 was pretty straight forward, both tests. but i kno i made some mistakes in the first paper.
don't you hate it when u get home and go "arrr fuck now i remember how to do it" ahah.
Lol first paper was straightforward conceptually, but many people would have screwed it up. Question 3 (the 18 marker) required no real thought and was pretty much something you'd do in a difficult acst101 question, but pretty much everybody I know got different answers for it just because of mistakes.

Stuff like that throughout made it a hard-ish paper.

Also, thanks jake2.0 :D

HSC
yeaahh the 18 marker was quite a pain in the ass, im hoping i got it right lol.
ohh i like suzan curtis, shes a good lecturer.

im not particularly stressed about getting my exemption for CT3, im already on planning on doing the exam through the institute ahah.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
yeaahh the 18 marker was quite a pain in the ass, im hoping i got it right lol.
ohh i like suzan curtis, shes a good lecturer.

im not particularly stressed about getting my exemption for CT3, im already on planning on doing the exam through the institute ahah.
LOL I used to think Suzanne Curtis wasn't a good lecturer, then I had Nino.... *shudder*

Also, don't forget for CT3, you don't need a Credit in both STAT272 and STAT271. Although it's ideal to get Credit in both, if your average between the two is 65 and you get at least 60 in the unit that you get Pass in, you can still get an exemption.

http://www.acst.mq.edu.au/careers/accreditation/accreditation_part_1

HSC
oh god. your talking about for 171 arent u? bahaha. i stoped going when she started lecturing.

yeahh i kno.
but i doubt ill get 130 aggregate.
and the CT3 exam looks ALOT more straight forward compared to mac exams.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
LOL I barely went anyways, but I went once to see Nino.. then left.

I think in that lecture I had Nino, I LOST statistical knowledge.

Ah don't lose hope man, you can do it! lol

HSC
hahah hope for statistics was lost a long time ago.
why o why do they make the second year for actuaries the hardest?

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
your saying the 3rd is harder?
I believe it is.

But I guess it's easy for me to say that 2nd year was easier now. But when I was in your position I too believed that it couldn't get harder than this, the Acst department proved me wrong though.

I don't mean to discourage you or anything, just stating how I find it.

HSC
na fair enough lol.
i dunno i find acst units to be challenging but very do-able.
stat just takes things way to far lol.
what did u get in stat272 and stat271?

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
I managed to get Cr in both :D

The Acst units in 3rd year (in first sem anyway) have a more statistical feel rather than the actuarial stuff you've done so far (haven't used any of the annuity formulas and the like yet, but i guess that's what 2nd sem will be about.)

Last edited:

HSC
blahhh
i envy you.
we shall see when my marks come out for this semester :|
could be very interesting...
u got all your exemption subjects so far?
are u doing just single actuarial??

BoganBoy

HSC
yeah gonna stay up on the 15th. although i have a suspicion my GPA will commit seppuku on that day.

HSC
im kinda happy, because im going away to bali for two weeks and get back on the 15th so ill be happy and not worrying about my marks for a while.
but then the day i get back.... reality will hit .. ahah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)