ACST201 Vs ACCG253 (1 Viewer)

deviates106

HSC
N/A
Hey guys and girls I just wanted to find out how does ACST201 compare to ACCG253? I done ACCG253 last semester and I found it challenging mainly due to the amount of content but I ended up getting a HD

havy

HSC
acst201 should be easier, there's more emphasis on calculation. And the teaching staff are very good.

If you got HD for accg253 then u'll have no problems in acst201, you can go check the past papers in e reserve.

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
yeh 201 is much easier than 253..you'll be fine!

deviates106

HSC
N/A
So in terms of theoretical content its nothing compared to ACCG253?

Also have any of you guys done ECON201? If so how is that?

Thanks for your responses

havy

HSC
According to wat happend in 2006, there's like 5% theory, 10% max.
The theory part in acst201 is closely associated with calculation...and I doubt that there's any independent theory components at all.

Last edited:

havy

HSC
btw, another good thing about acst201 is that, it is related to acst101 (the beginning part) and also related to accg253 (eg. options and durations).

so if you performed well in those 2 units, then u pretty much already know half of acst201...

Kutay

University
HSC
havy said:
btw, another good thing about acst201 is that, it is related to acst101 (the beginning part) and also related to accg253 (eg. options and durations).

so if you performed well in those 2 units, then u pretty much already know half of acst201...
I am in the same situation atm, is 253 like 105?? i didn't like the whole accounting balance sheets dr and cr does it involve that????

acst 201 is it like 101, if u just practice calculations you should be fine?? i am more a maths person than content?

which do you think is the better option?

thank you in advance

havy

HSC
from my point of view, acst201 is easier than accg253, at least its failure rate is alot lower - accg unit failure rate is always quite high.

since you've mentioned that u are more of a maths person, then you should enjoy acst201 alot more, it has almost 100% calculation. A good way to preview the unit is going to e-reserve, and check the final past papers of acst201, should give you some good ideas on wat is it about.

but i'd like to remind you, accg253 is a core unit for both applied finance and accounting. maybe u will need to do it eventually if you choose the finance or accounting path.

ps. accg253 and acst201 is a bit related, so maybe doing acst201 can help you do better in 253 later on - i recommend you to do acst201 ahead of 253, or at least at the same time

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
havy said:
from my point of view, acst201 is easier than accg253, at least its failure rate is alot lower - accg unit failure rate is always quite high.

since you've mentioned that u are more of a maths person, then you should enjoy acst201 alot more, it has almost 100% theory. A good way to preview the unit is going to e-reserve, and check the final past papers of acst201, should give you some good ideas on wat is it about.

but i'd like to remind you, accg253 is a core unit for both applied finance and accounting. maybe u will need to do it eventually if you choose the finance or accounting path.

ps. accg253 and acst201 is a bit related, so maybe doing acst201 can help you do better in 253 later on - i recommend you to do acst201 ahead of 253, or at least at the same time
ok sweet yeah i've dec'd on acst101 as the accg one has lectures on a time slot i can't really do.. they are both core units :)

havy

HSC
Kutay said:
ok sweet yeah i've dec'd on acst101 as the accg one has lectures on a time slot i can't really do.. they are both core units :)
yeah, so u probably need to do accg253 later on. but for now, just check on e reserve for acst201 past papers, most of them are available to students.

ps. I said acst201 is almost 100% theory, I really meant almost 100% calculation.

Kutay

University
HSC
havy said:
yeah, so u probably need to do accg253 later on. but for now, just check on e reserve for acst201 past papers, most of them are available to students.

ps. I said acst201 is almost 100% theory, I really meant almost 100% calculation.
i think i have just decided on not doing it, and doing bba102 insted, for the finance degree dont oyu have to do mkgt101 and bba102 to be recongnised with the finance thing of aus?

havy

HSC
those two units are not compulsory for the finance degree. I reckon if you really want to get into that finance institute, you can always find a way...like a waiver of something, since marketing and bba aren't related to finance cores.

They should be easy units, so maybe just do them for fun. i've already done mktg101, and i'll do bba102 next semester...and i was asking whether we'll need the textbook in other threads.

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
havy said:
those two units are not compulsory for the finance degree. I reckon if you really want to get into that finance institute, you can always find a way...like a waiver of something, since marketing and bba aren't related to finance cores.

They should be easy units, so maybe just do them for fun. i've already done mktg101, and i'll do bba102 next semester...and i was asking whether we'll need the textbook in other threads.
yeah i know what you mean, it just says in my one b-com finance that yeah if want to be "qualify for associate membership of australian institute of finance of bank and finance" should include those two

also acst201 is a complusary one aint it or it is with completition with accg205, that being in the applied finance course

also bba102 is only available in 2nd semester,

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)