"Acts of representation always generate compelling insights"- How to go about it? (1 Viewer)

INnoVation

HSC
Hello

I'm desperate for some help in answering the question "Acts of representation always generate compelling insights". I have to prepare a speech which addressees the question as well as needing to provide a detailed knowledge and insightful understanding of the concepts of History and Memory.

I don't really know how to tackle the question, especially since I'm limited to about 550 words specifically on my related text which is a painting.

Pretty desperate for some help ^^

zxzxzx

HSC
Why, I happen to be doing the same task. Don't think we go to the same school do we? :)

Well, how I've done it is basically interpret "compelling insights" as a view which is only understood when you consider the interplay between history and memory which may be difficult with a painting. In that case, you really have to talk about the context of it and what it represents. Another thing to argue is that the composer may have intentionally or unintentionally manipulated aspects of their text due to their personal view or experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)