Actual Error in Question 23 Algorith (1 Viewer)

ads89

HSC
i don't understand how that could have affected your marks. I didn't even notice that error, infact i didn't even look at it since the conditions ment that that segment of code would never be entered. IT would be unfair if bos took that question out coz then all the people that answered that correctly would be disadvantaged

burgomcsock

HSC
ajdlinux said:
I actually didn't notice that, in fact I don't think I ever read the line.

Still, I can imagine getting confused by that for quite a few minutes.
Same here, I guess we are among the lucky ones this time (maybe not reading a test properly does pay off sometimes lol)

HSC
ads89 said:
i don't understand how that could have affected your marks. I didn't even notice that error, infact i didn't even look at it since the conditions ment that that segment of code would never be entered. IT would be unfair if bos took that question out coz then all the people that answered that correctly would be disadvantaged
If you (or anyone else) didn't notice it, I have only one thing to say: You didn't pay enough attention to the logic of the algorithm.

And it most certainly is entered into.

Phantasmagor

HSC
Hey I took my booklet home so I had to check it just to make sure that error actually was there. I'm surprised by that and I think it is a bit dodgy on behalf of the BOS but the error there doesnt ever actually effect your answer to the question since your not asked to desk check the algorithm or anything.

You only have to describe the purpose of the variable, describe what happens when j is initialised to 1, which is not at all concerning or affected by the part j = j + i. Then you construct the other sub procedure.

So really theres nothing to complain about since, if you did the question right, that error should not affect your answers. When answering the question i didnt even notice the whole line j = j + i since you dont really need to look at that when answering the questions.

Thats my view, and I for 1 would like that question to still be counted since im pretty sure that was one of the few things I got right lol

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
ads89 said:
I think you mean you didn't look at it since the question actually didn't require you to.

ads89

HSC
ajdlinux said:
I think you mean you didn't look at it since the question actually didn't require you to.
yea the conditions of the question loll. same thing :p

Tsuska

HSC
lol, i didn't even notice that. In my answer I just wrote j=j+1 =P without really looking at the question...lol

ScottyTee

HSC
boyle777 said:
wots ur problem....dont have a whinge to us cos of ur fukin stupidity
easy as test...easy band 6
someone needs to chill ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)