Actuarial Studies at UNSW and MQ (1 Viewer)

ascentyx

HSC
I always find this argument hilarious, if you look at the courses in the course outline in both Universities you will see you cover the same material. Mac uni decides hey lets make a degree for actuarial studies and offer B Actuarial Studies and in order to be awarded that degree you must complete these subjects.

UNSW thinks hey we'd like to offer Actuarial Studies let's put it within our existing BCom and if you want the major of Actuarial Studies you must complete these subjects. Where the subjects are virtually equivalent.

If I created a website and wrote on it that my website was the best source in the world for Actuarial education. Would you believe it simply because I said so? Probably not yet this is pretty much what Mac uni does.

I decided to go to UNSW purely because they had the Co-op Scholar program and I figured if mac uni was so good why wouldn't they have all these industry sponsors? Why wouldn't they have a co-op program? To me it was as clear as day that if companies were paying UNSW to do the teaching.... well there must be something better there :)
Clearly the views of someone doing actuarial at UNSW. The reason many people go to mac uni for actuarial is because it was the first program in australia to offer actuarial studies. What this means is most of the current working actuaries graduated from mac uni and most of the lecturers teaching as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)