Actuarial studies (1 Viewer)

Thjv

HSC
I'm considering applying for actuarial studies at UNSW

What exactly does this entail?

I know this is about statistics, probability, mathematics and communication
Could anyone with experience regarding this career/ degree provide an insight into their personal experiences of doing this degree (not necessarily at UNSW)

mreditor16

HSC
I would recommend doing a search of actuarial studies on BOS and Google, and looking at the descriptions provided on the pages of universities which offer actuarial studies (e.g. UNSW, Macquarie). And then to come back and ask any specific questions you have.

vitamin D

HSC
theres a good vid on youtube for Actuarial studies look up "Actuarial studies matrix education"

Joshmosh2

HSC
I would recommend doing a search of actuarial studies on BOS and Google, and looking at the descriptions provided on the pages of universities which offer actuarial studies (e.g. UNSW, Macquarie). And then to come back and ask any specific questions you have.
ok

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
How have the online sessions been so far?
Pretty good, the lecturer brings a guest on before each lecture and interviews them about what they do as a person with an actuarial degree (first lesson had the president of the actuaries institute), the guest also does the first lecture of the lesson. The questions and content are quite easy (probably need 2 unit math) and the lectures are straightforward.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Pretty good, the lecturer brings a guest on before each lecture and interviews them about what they do as a person with an actuarial degree (first lesson had the president of the actuaries institute), the guest also does the first lecture of the lesson. The questions and content are quite easy (probably need 2 unit math) and the lectures are straightforward.
So you would recommend me investing my time into this (probably after a few weeks of relaxing since I just finished today haha)?

He

HSC
Is it recordings, like if I were to enroll tomorrow when I finish HSC, would I be able to catch up on the previous stuff?

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
So you would recommend me investing my time into this (probably after a few weeks of relaxing since I just finished today haha)?
Is it recordings, like if I were to enroll tomorrow when I finish HSC, would I be able to catch up on the previous stuff?
Firstly I would definitely recommend it, it gives you a very good insight into the actuarial profession and at least broadens your knowledge. Secondly, while the course is recorded, there is a discussion forum alongside it which means you can participate within the lifespan of the course but the first problem set is due Nov. 2nd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)