Acu...need some advice (1 Viewer)

G

gigi_love

Hey, im applying at a few Uni's for a bachelor of arts and acu is one im looking at. I heard the UAI is fairly resonable, like 70 or something? I screwed up my assessment mark so its going to push my UAI down a bit, im aiming for 75+ to be realistic.... Whats ACU like, social & all that, and how hard is it to be accepted.

mishka

HSC
N/A
well, speaking from an education student's point of view, ACU is a great little uni.. if you like being recognised as a person and not a number, I highly recommend it!!

ACU's social life is ok I guess, the Student Association provides events for example, this semester we're having a Harbour Cruise and a Uni Ball. There's bingo every Wednesday in the cafeteria, and lots of "event" days - a few weeks ago we had the "Wellbeing Expo" where different activities on campus.

A few things you should know.. my campus (Strathfield) does not have a bar, but my view on that is you're there to study, not get drunk :p
The campus is pretty isolated in regards to the Strathfield commercial centre - walking from the train station takes about 20 mins.

It isn't any harder to be accepted into the unis than other unis because if you get in on your UAI it is the same process - applying through UAC etc.

The HECS cutoff was 73.85 so that is pretty reasonable for an Arts course in a Sydney uni.
The beauty of being at Strathfield is you can go to the city in a 4 hour break and still be back in time for a lecture.

Strathfield campus only has one main auditorium, but it's really all it needs. Tutorial groups (generally) are small and tutors seem to try to get to know your name. This, for me, is very important.

Click on the ACU banner in my signature for a link to ACU's website! :D

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
yeah im applying for acu too.. the visual arts + design course. my mum is really giving me the shits cos she doesnt want me to go there. but hey its my choice. I dunno what the rep for the course there is tho, but it looks really good, so thats all im concerned about.

nanoose

I'm also thinking of doing a b arts at acu..I went to the open day and I am convinced that its the uni i wanna go to...its an awsome uni for education!!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
oh good you went to open day!! :D

what did you think of the big sign?? what about the buildings?? (sorry but I lurrrrve my uni :p)

T

talene

I applied at ACU North Sydney for B Business/B IS. I've been to the Strathfield campus and it's really nice, but I have no idea what the North Sydney one is like.
I go to CSU right now and I love the idea of small classes, the bigger groups are so impersonal and it makes it harder to deal with.

Is anyone doing this course? Is it any good, it looks awesome from the course description, and I love the idea of prac...plus I can move back home to Sydney!!

nanoose

Iv finally decided that im gonna do b arts/b teaching secondary humanities...the whole environment and atmosphere is awesome and I HOPE DAT I GET TO ACU. Before I decided to do teaching i was gonna do a b business but I found out itd 2 yrs at strathfield and 2 yrs at North sydney so I sorta changed ma preferences.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
shoo_nanoose said:
Iv finally decided that im gonna do b arts/b teaching secondary humanities...the whole environment and atmosphere is awesome and I HOPE DAT I GET TO ACU. Before I decided to do teaching i was gonna do a b business but I found out itd 2 yrs at strathfield and 2 yrs at North sydney so I sorta changed ma preferences.
hey i wanna do the same course, but ACU is like 4th or 5th on my preferences. who knows with my marks they will probably go that far down on my list :p

might see you there next year

Last edited:

nanoose

Thats awesome...I hear acu is the best uni for teaching, so should be good (if I get the 83.1)!!!!!!! I really wanna get my teaching degree at acu so if I dun get into ma 1st preference den im gonna do b arts at acu nd work ma way up...

SweetSeasons

HSC
shoo_nanoose said:
Thats awesome...I hear acu is the best uni for teaching, so should be good (if I get the 83.1)!!!!!!! I really wanna get my teaching degree at acu so if I dun get into ma 1st preference den im gonna do b arts at acu nd work ma way up...
If you don't get the mark it's really easy to transfer over into acu after like a year at a different uni.
Because my GPA at the end of the 1st semester was 4.5 in a Bach of Science at UWS, I haven't got my marks back yet for this year and I still got in the early round for Bach of Teaching/Bach of Arts - technology at ACU.

So yeah, there are back doors into anything. I wish I had of heard bout ACU last year it would of saved me 6 or 7 grand on Uni this year. O wello

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)