Votes: 68 16.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 27 6.5%

• Total voters

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
j3ffr0 said:
ah, and as for the high percentage of Americans that believe the earth was created in 7 days, the key word there is 'Americans'. i wouldnt be surprised if the same percentage believed that universe revolved around time square or that crispy cream doughnuts were created on the 8th day.
Yes, this is my belief.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I believe in evolution, most probably because I was "brainwashed" with this idea at such a young age. I went to a catholic school for both primary and secondary and I've never heard of the "Creation Theory" until I went on this site. Even in catholic studies my teacher said that Adam and Eve was written for metaphorical purposes.
That's because Catholics are good people and don't take the Bible literally.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
I concur. I was just at my cousin's house watching the exorcist for Halloween, he [my cousin] is currently studying theology at the Australian Catholic University and also believes in evolution. Must be a catholic thing, but it is weird because we also classify ourselves Christian.

EDIT: He also said a lot of biased things about catholics but the main idea was that what differentiates Catholics from other Christians was that we do not solely rely on the bible.
Mel, you've heard of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, right? It outlines the teachings of the Catholic church, and when you compare it to other denominations, you can really see the differences, especially with the worship of the saints and Mary. Some Christian denominations don't even consider Catholics true Christians, since Catholics are more tolerant of things like evolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catechism_of_the_Catholic_Church

Edit: Studies of religion might have not have been the most useful subject on my list, but its good to see that its not entirely useless either.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)