• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Additional texts!!! (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
if the question asks "at least ONE other" i would talk about one.

if the question says "and additional texts of your own choosing" i would aim for two.

i think if you are given the choice you should try and aim for two, or talk about one in large depth?

rOMON

STFU NOOB.
Also, you should follow your heart.
If the teacher likes you, they meant it - if you think they dont like you its a trap.
If you think they like you but their an idiot, forget it you probaly wont know enough anyways.

always_smile

HSC
If the question asks for at least one additional text in the Area of Study essay, is it better to write about one or about two. I wrote about two additional texts in my trial, and lost marks because it is better to write only about one when gievn the option. However, the another english teacher disagreed with it, and said that you will lose marks if you onyl do one additional text.
I don't understand, can't you do only one text if it says do at least one???

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
If the question says "at least one" so you have a choice, the markers are NOT going to discriminate between people who do one or two. If you do one in lots of depth, that's fine. If you two in a little less depth, that's fine.

If you do two but don't have that much depth because you don't have time, that's bad. If you have one and it is too short because you don't have enough to talk about, that's bad.

Do whatever suits you better. If you're only planning on doing one, remember to have another just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)