ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

gravstar

HSC
singleton is where the infantry training is held, although its suppose to be crammed so they're doing iet's at the battalions. i reckon Brissy would be the best too, it would have a better lifestyle than townsville etc.

melchen

HSC
yay adf gap year!

i just had my YOU day and my first choice is for the navy..it seems pretty spectacular.... =D

kinda freaking out about all the forms and stuff i have to do for assessment day though...but it wil al be worth it i think. i've been wanting to do the gap year ever since i heard about it last year.

its got to be pretty scary though, right?

wisamrulez

HSC
BUMP:

Hey im considering doing this (HSC 08) but i was wondering do i get to come home to see family .etc?

cheers

raym0nd

HSC
well scared and psyched do go well together.

for those who are interested in going ADF but not decided i definitely recommend not putting the gap year off till your second year out of HSC.

maybe ill see you at Cerberus melchen :)

gravstar

HSC
Just had my YOU day....
Ended up choosing full time instead of gap year. (didn't want to miss a deployment.)

mattkraeh2906

HSC
N/A
how many of you guys have recieved formal indication that you have made it into the next intake for the adf gap year?
how soon after assesment day did they contact you?
hope to hear from ya guys!

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Yeah if you're signing up for the ADF be prepared to suck up a lot of bullshit and a long waiting period. It usually takes 6-12 months from when you call 13 19 01 to when you swear the oath and get signed in. If you're going for Army, expect to wait 2 - 6 months to get to training. The waiting for training is less for Navy and (ch)Air Force

wisamrulez

HSC
i signed up for the ADF Gap Year program

i chose the Army as a rifleman which is the exact samething as solider
i passed the test

ive got the other tests (mental, health)

gravstar

HSC
wisamrulez said:
i chose the Army as a rifleman which is the exact samething as solider
They're different. If you enter as a soldier you pick what you want to do at kapooka.

nugget01

HSC
how did we all go in the aptitude test?
i think i went alright judging by the list of job opportunities i was given...

heaps of people i know who did the YOU session found out they were colour-blind from one of the tests.

i want to do army for the gap year because it pays the best. although, i really want to be a logistics officer in the air force. i think i need adv. maths though...

gravstar

HSC
nugget01 said:
how did we all go in the aptitude test?
i think i went alright judging by the list of job opportunities i was given...
I think I got all job options. Sucks how they don't tell you what your mark was though. Maybe you only need to get 40% to get every job.
Who knows.

raym0nd

HSC
Nugget, the pay difference isn't that significant is it?
Math isn't a prerequisite for the Air Force logistics GAP yr though? on Defencejobs website i cant find anything about it being a prerequisite for full time either.. not sure how accurate it is though.
edit- so what i was getting at is that if you do 'really' want to do air force go find out if you can do it!

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
raym0nd said:
Nugget, the pay difference isn't that significant is it?
Math isn't a prerequisite for the Air Force logistics GAP yr though? on Defencejobs website i cant find anything about it being a prerequisite for full time either.. not sure how accurate it is though.
edit- so what i was getting at is that if you do 'really' want to do air force go find out if you can do it!
http://www.defence.gov.au/dpe/pac/Pay_Allow_May_08.pdf

Ryan Rum

HSC
Does anyone know how much we have to pay for accomodation? I know it's subsidised, but they could only subsidise 10%?

gravstar

HSC
I remember reading somewhere that it is from about $100 to $200 depending on the level of accomodation.
That includes food and living.

Ryan Rum

HSC
Yeah I suppose that sounds alright... It's not like you pay tax on the money you make, so i guess with the subsidised cost of acommodation, it evens it out a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)