JJ Jordos

HSC
nah im more concerned with the poking and proding lol

well i dont even know when my assessment day is yet lol

Last edited:

SonicMouse

HSC
lol wait up - was your nuse a guy?

how much time do you get off in the gap year apart from weekends?

gravstar

HSC
No my nurse was a chick, the doctor was a guy.
You get the basic 4 weeks leave for a year, plus if you spend more time in the field you might get more.

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
mm sounds like alot of people are going for ADF gap year, i also applied for it this year in 2008, and i got first you session in a couple of weeks,
any tips anybody?

JJ Jordos

HSC
after ya send in all ya paperwork (like school certificates) and medical stuff

how long does it take before you hear about your assessment day?

gravstar

HSC
Officer entry aye, I didn't know you could do that in the gap year in any service.

People calling it a scam is bullshit. It is a smart tactic to attract the ones who go to university back to the military (hence the $10k bonus). You either do your year and get out our continue. People who do look at it as a 'try before you buy' scheme should also be careful as a year is not a short period of time and that you should be committed. You have to remember that it is serious full time work, it's no walk in the park.

Last edited:

r0b-dog

HSC
N/A
mm sounds like alot of people are going for ADF gap year, i also applied for it this year in 2008, and i got first you session in a couple of weeks,
any tips anybody?

im going for ADF- army gap year, soldier

ryanbrown

HSC
dont bet on taking the whole 4 weeks of leave in your year.
and things must have changed because i know for a fact that us guys right now can be deployed be if something came up and we are on rcg.

rickyd071

HSC
just be sure in what you want to do

you cant really prepare for a YOU day..

jus be aware there isn't many places left..

especially in the popular fields e.g. rifleman, soldier in the army

good luck but ay

gravstar

HSC
I heard that soldier entry is shit because you don't get enough time at kapooka to decide what corps you want to be in and they end up persuading you into something like catering.

alex991

HSC
Alex1234567890 said:
Well I love smashing myself when it comes to training, its usually all or nothing for me. So some time I must find a bit of consistancy in my training. I have begun going to the gym 3 times a week and doing weights, naturally I'm a built runner, which has both its ups and downs, (6'2, 73kg, skinny shit) So i'v been trying to bulk up a bit haha.

Did the beep test recently got a 15.9 so I have no problems there, its more pack marches that will probably kill me lol. I have begun to do a few pack marches all across my town with rocks and let me tell you I can barely feel my shoulders for a week. Maybe by cutting down the intensity I may improve consistancy lol. A training partner would really help lol.

As for the gym, I am strengthening my chest and arms, and probably should start working on the big quad muscles soon.
Bench Press, bicep curl, triceps, pushups (I can get around 50-60 depending on the day), lots of planks, chinups and situps too.

I think its important to go in there with the best possible fitness so that you will be up with the fast group, and Kapooka won't be AS tough.

What about you? How's your fitness going, as far as pushups, situps, beep test, etc. How far do you run when you go for them?

I am looking forward to the warmer months, easier training better motivation lol.

Keep up the good training, it will all be worth it :)

Oh yeah and Sonic, don't panic about my 6 months of recruitment hell, I had a lot of problems that were really frustrating lol.
As a baby I got a blood platelet condition from an allergic reaction (you wouldn't even know it) so I had many blood tests :( (of course, nothing was wrong, just wasted several more weeks of processing lol)
Not to mention I got my bracers pulled off 2 years early to get my application processed. Oh and at the time they were upgrading their systems so ALL my paperwork was lost. A few issues there. I never was good when it came to luck.
Lol, hopefully your not dealing with the same shit I did to get through, BUT its all worth it. I can't wait!
hmmm.... maybe they can give u a personality transplant... im sure they will flog that out of u... hope u cry... then u wont be such a big man....

ryanbrown

HSC
sam2100 said:
do they not have any leave for u at all? not even structured??

i was told i WOULD NOT BE DEPLOYED so perhaps things have changed.

There are designated stand down periods, but because the gap year involves roughly 6 months of training you might only see one or two of these. that isnt to say you cant apply for leave.. all of the guys i know havent, but we've managed 2-3 weeks off granted. there is an option to take any extra leave when you discharge if you dont sign on.

i got told the same thing but that was at recruiting. recruiting doesn't inform you too well on alot of things...

SonicMouse

HSC
what does a typical day in the army start - finish go by? (after IET and recruit training) do they have to wake up really early?

JJ Jordos

HSC
after sending in all the information after the YOU session how long do you have to wait until they call you for your assessment day?

JJ Jordos

HSC
thanks man... i just have been waiting for a lil while... and didnt know wat was happening...
where u located? and which gap year u doing?

JJ Jordos

HSC
question for everyone:

did any1 else at their YOU session get told that all gap year positions are on hold until they find out how many numbers they can take... cause i got told GAP YEAR is sorta frozen atm

JJ Jordos

HSC
ok my friend just got back from his YOU session and he got told that gap year positions are ful... except for like most of the gay ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)