Adfa 2012 (1 Viewer)

jangbang69

HSC
N/A
anyone here planning on going to study at ADFA, or adf undergraduate sponsorship next year?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
No. However mates at school are, its a pretty good incentitive to do engineering (pays for course, accomodation and free car park).

jangbang69

HSC
N/A
i dont know whether i should go study at the canberra campus or just do the sponsorship and stay in sydney :S

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Is Canberra the one which provides free accomodation and parking? I'd assume that the sponsorship classes (or whatever) are held at UNSW?

jangbang69

HSC
N/A
so i have two options, one to do my undergrad study at ADFA which means i would live on the canberra campus. military training occurs concurrently with academic study

option two is to apply for an undergrad sponsorship after 1 year of undergrad study at any university, so that would mean i can stay in sydney and receive income

both ways i would have the return of service obligation after i graduate.

im looking forward to the adfa lifestyle, the physical aspect of it all.. but staying in sydney would be more fun.. social-wise

aaazov

HSC
Hey, I'm currently at ADFA and by the sound of your post you seem more interested in the university and social side of things. If this is the case please do not come to ADFA. University occurs alongside military study yes, but once you graduate you have a job in the military first and foremost. You may not even require your degree. First consider whether you wish to join the military then decide whether a position as an officer and at ADFA is for you.

SAS88

HSC
Take note of the above post. All too often I see people on forums posting sms style or failing to utilise proper English skills wanting to join the military. If you want a career in any kind of military position, start by fixing up the way you communicate with others. Also, as aaazov has said, don't attempt to join ADFA because of the "benefits", those are great, but you may find yourself in a position you do not want to be in, there are standards and codes that you may find very uncomfortable to adhere to.

As an officer you will be in charge of many people, and these are strong-willed people, especially so if many of them (and a lot will be) have served as regular army soldiers in various corps, you need to be confident that this is a challenge you can face up to, and that you wish to do it, or you will be in a world of hurt very soon.

Veneke

HSC
N/A
This is probably a long shot but is anyone here currently studying for a postgraduate research degree at ADFA? I'm due to start a doctoral degree this March and am finding it difficult to get a feeling for the postgrad atmosphere at the academy, not least because I'm currently in Ireland and have not been to Australia before.

In particular is anyone aware of any events/orientations/etc that I may be missing out on if I delay my arrival until the latter half of March?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)