ADFA: Assessment Day (1 Viewer)

GinoIs

HSC
There's a couple of threads on adfa - and they're mostly general questions - So I thought i'll start a thread on the process of it - and in particular, Assessment Day.

So... I have my assessment day in a couple of months.

What's the go with it?
Has anyone been?
Please post your experiences.

thanks.

HSC
GinoIs said:
... I get my balls fiddled.

Im applying for pilot.
everyone gets their balls fiddled, its part of the experience. nah its pretty simple. you have a medical which will be with a nurse and then a doctor. the nurse checks hearing and does a drug test. the doctor just does a general physical.

then a psychologist made me write an essay because i went officer entry, which you will as well for ADFA. They will then ask you some quite random and weird questions about all sorts of stuff like your home life, lifestyle, personality etc.

then finally you do the final interview with the defence interviewer. this is the bit you have to nail because they have the final call on whether they recommend you or not. they have the stuff from your psych so they will aks you questions about that, the job, you and everything you can think of.

ASNSWR127

HSC
RiSeAgAiNSt2538 said:
everyone gets their balls fiddled, its part of the experience. nah its pretty simple. you have a medical which will be with a nurse and then a doctor. the nurse checks hearing and does a drug test. the doctor just does a general physical.

then a psychologist made me write an essay because i went officer entry, which you will as well for ADFA. They will then ask you some quite random and weird questions about all sorts of stuff like your home life, lifestyle, personality etc.

then finally you do the final interview with the defence interviewer. this is the bit you have to nail because they have the final call on whether they recommend you or not. they have the stuff from your psych so they will aks you questions about that, the job, you and everything you can think of.
Yeah I concur, my one wasn't too stressful

I had the OSB (Officer Selection Board) which was pretty good.

Make sure you read up and have a keen interest in current affairs and the ADF and you should be OK, remember they arent5 looking for an academic genius (although good results help) they are looking for someone whop can think quick, speak well under pressure and who has good "leadership" qualities.

Hell I passed so it can't be that bad lol.

Jay123

HSC
Did anyone go for an engineering job? Do they ask questions related to all your preferences or just the main preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)