Adfa! (1 Viewer)

ashbash0612

HSC
what did you do to 'stand out' among other candidates in the selection process... what kind of questions did they ask?

anaoum

HSC
hey guys i considered joining adfa doing a bachelor of business

but their are two things that quickly changed my mind when i first heard.

apparently the unsw college is in canbera. since i live in sydney i have n intention of moving to canberra. and secondly i heard after your degree u have to stay with the ADF for a min of 6 years to repay their investment? are these all true ?

Mitch21

HSC
Yeah, both are true. ADFA is in canberra right next door to the Royal Military College Duntroon. You do owe the ADF time back for your degree, it varies from degree to degree but generally it is whatever you train plus one year, but fair enough, you get a free degree and a guaranteed career.

HSC
just wondering ,to be able to get a bachelor of arts or science[still cant decide] What kind of subjects do you need to do in yr 11and 12 and what do you need to get in?

Also if i wanted to beome an airforce intelligence officer is there anything you need to do, anything you can tell me please? my sub selections are in 6 days:) My ultimate goal is to become an airforce officer and i wanna be intelligence.

Mitch21

HSC
If your aiming for a science or arts degree you don't need to choose any particular subjects in year 12 - so choose subjects that you like and you will go good at.

As far as choosing between arts and science they're really quite similar. If you do arts you can choose science subjects and vise versa, its pretty flexible.

As far as going for intelligence, it's pretty competitive. Make sure you present yourself well and back yourself up with good school results. Read up on all the relevant air force information about intellos and get a good knowledge of the raaf and wider adf.

Remember to be yourself and /try/ to relax in the interviews (I know its impossible).

LeislE

HSC
Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with some questions about ADFA or RMC.

I work as a freelance writer and I've been employed to do some research for a television show, about life on campus for RMC and ADFA students.

The things I'm trying to find out are:

What can you get kicked out for at either place?

What is the rate of dropouts/expulsions?

What is the male to female ratio of students/staff?

Is there any sort of slang the students use that is unique to each campus?

What is the ratio of study to physical training?

If any current or past students could help me out that would be great!

Thanks!

Leisl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)