Adfa (1 Viewer)

melissa.coade

HSC
Re: anyone going to ADFA

Sure thing. My ADFA OSB (Officer Selection Board) for General Service Officer enlistment has been scheduled for the 19-22nd April. *Very excited!*

The ADFA Education Award scheme is partiularly helpful if you are considering joining the defence force via this avenue and want a taste of what the procedural steps in enlisting involve. The catch is that application for the award must begin during the year in which you are in year 11 so as the selection occurs in your last HSC year of school.

OTRS (Officer Tertiary Recruitment Scheme) also seems like a fairly sensible option for those interested in joining the ADF with a university degree. This option combats some of the issues raised earlier about ADFA not offering a double degree as it allows you (UAI permitting) to attend the university and partake in the course of your choice whilst funding your studies (HECs, Medical and Accomodation subsidies) after a year of proving consistent work. The only difference is that your enlistment is considered as a reserves alternative rather than regular Army - (if that were your service of interest).

Warranted that your health and fitness is up to parr, entry isn't all that hard and so long as you are an eager and committed candidate, the odds are always favourable.

Is anybody else applying for the 2006 ADFA Education Award?

Kind regards,

Melissa

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

I applied, but the recruitor told me i wouldnt get past the first interview because i really didn't want to go to ADFA. Im going to do a partial Medical Graduate Scheme entry haha i enter a FLTLT. But im joining the reserves first while im at uni i enter as an (AC:|).

melissa.coade

HSC

:confused: DFR advised against your continued application?! Kind of defeats the job description of 'recruiter' ey? It does take some motivation but there surely isn't any harm in giving it a go, esp re: education award.

I notice you're a part of the ADFC. Are you going to apply for a career in the army, or do you mean RAFF reserves? What rank insignia denotes FLT LT?

Kind regards,

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

melissa.coade said:
:confused: DFR advised against your continued application?! Kind of defeats the job description of 'recruiter' ey? It does take some motivation but there surely isn't any harm in giving it a go, esp re: education award.

I notice you're a part of the ADFC. Are you going to apply for a career in the army, or do you mean RAAF reserves? What rank insignia denotes FLT LT?

Kind regards,
Yes, DFR's advised me not to do the ADFA education award they said i wouldnt get past the first interview because i really dont want to go to ADFA and because i wanted to do medicine.

FLTLT (RAAF) insignia is the same as the one in the ADFC Rank poster except the RAAF ones have "AUSTRALIA" instead of"AAFC"
Cadet ranks: http://www.cadetnet.gov.au/data/portal/00000005/content/39873001129178353592.pdf

donrob15

HSC

I know this isnt a reunion place but HI MELLISSA, I was at OSB the same time as you! I thought I would take a look at what people have to say about ADFA on this forum.

I found out about ADFA trough an add in the paper for the education award. Because I was interested in this award, I wanted to find out about ADFA, and yeah ever since then I have wanted to go to ADFA. I have recently been told that I am successful and guaranteed entry into ADFA subject to getting the UAI and passing fitness assessments etc. I want to do Civil Engineering there, UAI of 85 and I think I should be able to manage that.

I am yet to find out about how I went with regards to the education award. Either way, I think getting in is an achievement in itself. Anyway for those of you considering ADFA, it offers a fantastic start in life. Good luck.

donrob15

HSC

donrob15 said:
I know this isnt a reunion place but HI MELLISSA, I was at OSB the same time as you! I thought I would take a look at what people have to say about ADFA on this forum.

I found out about ADFA trough an add in the paper for the education award. Because I was interested in this award, I wanted to find out about ADFA, and yeah ever since then I have wanted to go to ADFA. I have recently been told that I am successful and guaranteed entry into ADFA subject to getting the UAI and passing fitness assessments etc. I want to do Civil Engineering there, UAI of 85 and I think I should be able to manage that.

I am yet to find out about how I went with regards to the education award. Either way, I think getting in is an achievement in itself. Anyway for those of you considering ADFA, it offers a fantastic start in life. Good luck.
YAY I got the education award

uglyjack007

HSC

Hey,
Yeh i am hoping to go to ADFA in 2007. I have passed all of the tests and have received my letter of offer. I now just need to work hard and get the UAI i need. I am hoping to do buisness, but if not... arts will be ok.. i just wanna go to ADFA cos it looks awesome.
I also received the ADFA education award. The ADF are brining a helicopter to my school and landing it on out oval on this friday to give me my laptop. cant wait so excited...
cya

SinFul

HSC

Hey,
I just received my package for JOES, are there tips you can give me UglyJack007? and also can you just write abit about your experiences and stuff.
Im kinda scared about the JOES with the med tests and all.

Emulie

HSC

Hey im planning to go not next year but the year after.
I wanna do a degree in piloting so i can fly jets!!! Yay how fun!!!
im half way to gettin there i think... i mean i got me pilots licence. So how much paper work is there??? I might rethink doin it!lol.
DOC

TwoNiner

HSC

Emulie said:
im half way to gettin there i think... i mean i got me pilots licence.
You have a pilot's licence already?

Is it a PPL?

Also how many hours TT have you got?

HSC

Hey, i want to go to adfa in 2010, i've wanted to go there since i was 13 and im 15 now. Can anyone give me any advice or tips for the education award? is anyone here going to become an air force officer? thats what i wanna try and be. Also what kind of specific educational requirments do you need?
criss. THANX HEAPS

z600

Sigh.....
HSC

crissgoes2skool said:
Hey, i want to go to adfa in 2010, i've wanted to go there since i was 13 and im 15 now. Can anyone give me any advice or tips for the education award? is anyone here going to become an air force officer? thats what i wanna try and be. Also what kind of specific educational requirments do you need?
criss. THANX HEAPS
lol, u do air cadets?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC

crissgoes2skool said:
what do u mean?
air cadets is a program run by ADFA which allows high school students to experience flying and what the air force does. My school runs it and the guys go on camp and go to air bases and learn to fly etc

HSC

Ohh, nope, my school doesnt run it. i wish they did though.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC

crissgoes2skool said:
Ohh, nope, my school doesnt run it. i wish they did though.
alot of cadet units rnt run by schools... they're regional units. ie mine is 206acu north sydney and anyone from anywhere can join as long as they're australian citizens, which u probably r.
Wooz said:
http://www.aafc.org.au/hqaafc/

My friend got the ADFA education award this year and got into Aeronautical Engineering.
check out the different regional ones u can join, from what i hear from my aafc friends it's quite rewarding ie. working towards promos etc. btw they're on annual camp from today!

HSC

hey Tiffanys, Just wondering does it take away any time from school and how long do you have to be there? soz i'm just wondering because it dosent say on the website.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC

crissgoes2skool said:
hey Tiffanys, Just wondering does it take away any time from school and how long do you have to be there? soz i'm just wondering because it dosent say on the website.
im in army cadets not air forcce, but the structure is very similar to ours. ie. bothe aac and aafc nsw cadets are on annual camp in singleton from today for 8 days. that's once a yr in july hols. aac units have one bivouac (2 day camp) per school-term which is always on a weekend. there are also optional events to attend eg. airshows, parades, anzac day, armistice day, some of which may be on during school days. i'm pretty sure aafc also has weekly parades (after school, or w/e's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)