Administration of the Empire (1 Viewer)

Red-Wine-&-Joni

HSC
I have been looking over past HSC questions for NKE->Th.IV and am confused about the way they word certain questions.

One that particularly stumped me was "Explain the administration of the Egyptian Empire, and its significance during this period." What does 'administration' refer to? Is it the bureaucratic structre, ie Pharaoh, Viziers etc; or the use of the Military to administer the increasing Empire, up in to Retenu and into Nubia etc?

Any help on interpretations, and also how to deal with questions that throw you, would be deeply apprectiated.

insanerp

HSC
so basically it refers to who governed the empire.
that includes the pharaohs as well as their officials, queens, priests and what they did in running the empire. for example, during Thutmose III's time people like Djhuty (and of course others) ran the empire while he completed his military campaigns.

the second part to the question 'and its significance during the period' wants you to make a judgement based on the ev. presented by u about how important the administration of the empire was during the period.

my advice if you get thrown with questions would be to read the question slowly and underline the key parts of it. if you really don't get it the make a short plan before you answer it and just try your best to answer the question using as many primary and secondary sources as you can remember!

hope i helped

Red-Wine-&-Joni

HSC
Thanks, you have been a great help!!

But now, I feel scared because I know nothing about Viziers, officials, Djhuty etc. There is NOTHING on them in my notes. Shit.

insanerp

HSC
which text do u use? there is plenty of info in Pamela Bradley's "Reconstructing the past"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)