Adv English- Individual and Society (1 Viewer)

ravdawg

HSC
Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I have to do a related text folio for Advanced English on the individual and society. I had to collect two texts and compose one of my own and write a report on each of them.

Could anyone give me ideas for a text type i could do for my composition, i was thinking of a narrative or a feature article but any good and original ideas have deserted me so yeah.

Cheers in advance (no pun intended)

speedie

HSC
sup dawg. maybe u should do a story about a kid from the 20th century who somehow travels into 2006, and then hes like lost over the changing nature of society- many cars, high rise buildings- the internet, ipods etc etc. (relates to changing nature of society). then u can talk about the collectiveness of society eg ipods etc and the lack of individualism- relating to self representation... and make the problem something like he goes back to his world and tries to stop society from being so collective then maybe resolution is he cant do a thing the way society works and how the government works etc. i dunno. just a suggestion

Boroja

HSC
Damn, I'm having trouble finding two texts for this RTF aswell. I wanna pick two texts from the past, maybe from WW2 or sumthing, showing a typical women's role in those times and maybe compare it to today, after all, WW2 brought many changes of how we look at women today so I reckon it would be a good comparison to the roles of women today. That would be one text but what could I do for the other one and what can I compose...?

Give me ideas people...!

Ohh yeah! I was thinking about doing the "Cronulla Riots" for my other analysis text; like how the society views certain individuals today and if racism is still among us!

What do you guys reckon - Women's Roles in WW2 - and - Cronulla Riots - for my two articles for analysis...?:confused:

speedie

HSC
cronulla riots is a good idea, but i dunno about WW2 women.. how can u compare it to today- i dont think ur meant to do that unless the article compares it for u

mashimaro12

HSC
yea i dont have any ideas for the RTF either. what texts is everyone using for their RELATED TEXT FOLIOS for individual and society???

!Solskjaer!

HSC
I did this in year 10.

The 2 books that classes studied were Alibrandi and Catcher in the Rye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)