ADV. ENGLISH very hard.. need advice (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
Hey pplz,
As known to be I'm not a very good english person. My background is FBI which stands for fiji born indian.
I chose Adv. english to go on the professional accounting side in future but im not good at it. All the subjects im the top but english..

Please advice me how i can improve adv. english. Im willing to do anything.
thanks I apreciate it

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey welcome to BOS!!! 1st speak to your teacher on what you need to improve or what you should do!!

What is your rank? What do u struggle with in particular?

Last edited:

kathrynso

HSC
Hey nehal,

I might not be the best person to reply about this topic. I don't really like english myself. I also find Adv. English difficult. But it depends what section you are having trouble in. Is it in responses, creative writing, analysis?

I believe you should explore different methods of developing your english techniques. For example, in essays, practise your own and submit them to your teacher to mark, and read their feedback.
Also, read various Guides to English, they might come in handy.

topsyturvy86

HSC
The key to advanced english is to analytical rather than descriptive in everything that you do. Breifly discuss context and the themes, but the major thing is how the themes are conveyed. Remember, say the statement, example effect. E.g, A smilie is used in stanza three, it is "----". The effect of this is.. "

You've probably already been taught that, but being analytical is the main marking criteria. (well, for my teacher anyway. I could be way off)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
What areas in particular do you need advice in?

Essays, understanding the content... etc

Ask your class teacher or post the specifics on BoS and we should be able to help you out :)

cFsHirLz

HSC
with advanced english, i find that a lot of it is response to texts, so knowing the texts well and the effect it has helps. then comes expressing your thoughts on the text (in essay etc.). with that, i guess practice helps. make sure you get your work marked so you know what to improve on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)