Adv English (1 Viewer)

amyb

Ok, i know it will be hard to help out here, but is anyone else having trouble finding 'texts of their own choosing' for Frontline, and ohter modules? I have read hundreds of books in my lifetime, but obviously cannot read them again right now.
Does anyone know of any texts that are reputable but also easily usable? Usually, i use Plato, 'Wild Swans' (can't because it is a text for another module, dammit), Mao Tse-Tung....or any fiction, semi-fiction books i have read. But, i'm stuck, and would SO GREATLY appreciate any help.

Thankyou in advance,
Amy.

Nezz

HSC
I know just what you mean... keep changing mine!try thinking of sources other than novels- go through different songs, movies, magazines, newpapers.

i just typed the words 'big brother' and 'scripted' into a search engine and found an article which i'm using for frontline. I'm not sure if it will suit what you are trying to say but it may so have a look at the phillip bell article at this link

http://www.gu.edu.au/publication/mia/MIACP100.html

If not just try the search engines... you'd be surprised at what you find.

if you need more just let me know... i have some others which may be helpful so e-mail me if you're still stuck, or need some for other modules. Hope it helps :)

amyb

Hey thanx. I didn't read the whole things as i am in 'Ancient History Mode' at the moment, but will do so later tonight.
I think i may use my Plato quote: "Their persuasive words almost made me forget who i was"...it communicates the power of outside 'truths', and how they can personally impact upon responders/viwers. As for others, i am at a loss....guess i'll be reading even more in the next week.
Thanx again.

amyb

The ones i have come up with are:
Percy Sledge, 'When a Man Loves a Woman' - 'Loving eyes never see'
Alain De Botton, 'The Essential Plato' - 'Their persuasive words almost made me forget who i was.'
Sister Dianna, 'The Blindfold's Eyes' - 'Do not fear the truth, hard as it may appear, grievously as it may hurt.'
Michel Foucault, 'Truth, Power, Self: An Interview with Michel Fouvault' - 'I do not feel it is necessary to know exactly what i am.'

Hope they'll do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)