adv science to pharmacy or medicine in USYD (1 Viewer)

kitkatCEO

HSC
N/A
does anybody noe how to transfer to pharmacy or medicine from advanced science course in USYD?! which subject I hav to major? n' wat r da requirements?!! Plz tell in details >_<

piitb

HSC
u can transfer from any course into any other course. u need not do any specific subjects. e.g u could tranfer from say an arts degree to a medical science degree. so long as your gpa was high enough. only drawbackk is you wont get many/any subject credits

the only entry requirement u need is the STAT exam

though why would u need to do adance sci to get into pharmacy for? the uai for pharmacy is lower than that for advance sci.

lionking1191

HSC
USYD has a grad. med curriculum so you might as well finish the advanced course.

kitkatCEO

HSC
N/A
piitb said:
u can transfer from any course into any other course. u need not do any specific subjects. e.g u could tranfer from say an arts degree to a medical science degree. so long as your gpa was high enough. only drawbackk is you wont get many/any subject credits

the only entry requirement u need is the STAT exam

though why would u need to do adance sci to get into pharmacy for? the uai for pharmacy is lower than that for advance sci.
good question.....datz becoz i didn sit da STAT exam!!!!!!!!>_< tears

piitb

HSC
u can do csu pharmacy then transfer to usyd if u still wanted to

that way you caould finish within the 4 years, whereas if u did adv sci it prob wont be possible to finish within 4 years

Last edited:

kitkatCEO

HSC
N/A
piitb said:
u can do csu pharmacy then transfer to usyd if u still wanted to

that way you caould finish within the 4 years, whereas if u did adv sci it prob wont be possible to finish within 4 years
but...would it be hard to transfer from uni to uni?! @_@ n' do i still need to sit for the STAT test??

if i choose adv science... isnt i can transfer to pharmacy after the first yr?!!

piitb

HSC
no there is no advantage tranferring within the univeristy.

its all handled externally by uac and higher prefernces would go to those with the highest GPA, not which uni you attended... which would be too subjective.

and yes u would need to still do stat to enter pharmacy at usyd, no matter which year u want to enter

yes u can transfer after 1 year of adv sci, but you would not of done the required 1st year pharmacy subject which means you would still need 4 years to complete the pharm course even after u did advance science

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)