adv sciences.. r they hard?? (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
is me one of "you two"??

newaz, i live in wenty... wentworthville... around para...

no freakin_out... dun stalk me... i carry a d'eagle wif me when walkin from station to home, esp in nights... ^^
ahh yes- wentworthville- u gotta go past auburn for that. *evil grin*

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
ahh yes- wentworthville- u gotta go past auburn for that. *evil grin*
DOH!!! wut do u want to do to me??? *shivers*

edit: oh wait, it doesn't haf too... lolz, hehehe...

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
its bcoz i've got a klashnikov. :D
*sobz* u cruel cruel pplz... i resent violence... *quietly, hid his d'eagle, unnoticed*

crackerj

HSC
N/A
Adv. Sci is not that hard, since in fact, you don't have to do any advanced subjects in 1st year at all. Advanced maths subjects are scaled up pretty heaps, but not Bio and Chem. Don't know about physics, but I've heard it's scaled up as well..

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by crackerj
Adv. Sci is not that hard, since in fact, you don't have to do any advanced subjects in 1st year at all. Advanced maths subjects are scaled up pretty heaps, but not Bio and Chem. Don't know about physics, but I've heard it's scaled up as well..
well u better b right abt. high scaling for maths- coz i've got 2 8am starts bcoz of maths!!! :eek:

stag_j

yeh so do i
is there a worse way to start my week than with math1902 at 8am?
i have 8am starts on mon, tue, wed, and 9am on thurs and fri.
if anyone can beat me then you have my deepest sympathy

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by stag_j
yeh so do i
is there a worse way to start my week than with math1902 at 8am?
i have 8am starts on mon, tue, wed, and 9am on thurs and fri.
if anyone can beat me then you have my deepest sympathy
yeah, i have 8am starts on mon, tues...and 9am starts on wed, thursday. so btw, what course ru doing "stag_j"..i think we might b going to the same lectures. :)

stag_j

electrical engineering and science. so yeh it sounds as if we might be together a bit.
all my subjects are advanced except foundations of computer systems. are you similar? maybe we'll overlap even more...

stag_j

well it seems we're only together for the maths lectures. the tutorials we're in different classes and the rest of our subjects are different except physics, but we alwayshave that at different times...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well it seems we're only together for the maths lectures. the tutorials we're in different classes and the rest of our subjects are different except physics, but we alwayshave that at different times...
hmmm...thats alright then- so i'll cu there...btw, have u met/know anyone from these forums yet?

stag_j

nah i don't know anyone. maybe i should make an effort to tho, seeing as no-one from my school is doing the same course as me:(

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
nah i don't know anyone. maybe i should make an effort to tho, seeing as no-one from my school is doing the same course as me:(
well, everyone is pretty much in the same boat as u- i.e they don't know much ppl. doing their course...hence thats why i'm trying to know a few ppl. who i'll b seeing in lectures and stuff through these forums. :)

crackerj

HSC
N/A
Yeah 8am lecture was a pain in my arse...

But yes, it seems that many ppl usually get surprised after they get the results for adv. maths, esp calculus... and I was surprised too... So yeah, believe it or not mate!!

jawed_r

You guys reckon a couple of 8am starts is bad? In first year first semester, i had four 8am maths lectures a week, and this time around ive got a 9am maths lecture every single morning. :mad:

Advanced subjects arent too bad - all my friends did pretty much solid advanced subjects in first year and did fine. Then again all my friends are nerds :)

MATH1901 is probably the hardest first year maths course IMO, but everyones in the same boat and the final results reflect that. MATH1902 seemed easier during semester but the exam was pretty hard, caught quite a few people off guard. Second semester is easier though i think (i didnt do statistics....)

If you do Advanced Software, be prepared to do a LOT of work, especially if you dont already know some programming. And make sure you get in good groups for the projects, else u r screwed.

Wyvern

HSC
electrical engineering and science. so yeh it sounds as if we might be together a bit.
im doing electrical combined with commerce........what subs you doing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)