Advanced English assessment help (1 Viewer)

lanceriver

HSC
Hi so i have an English assessment due in a couple weeks. i pretty much have to write something about 'the nature of transformative experiences'. i can choose from either an imaginative response (fiction) or a discursive essay (non fiction). we were given a stimulus that we have to include in our writing and i'm struggling to understand what it means tbh. if someone could help me analyse it and maybe give me ideas on how i can include it in my writing it would mean a lot. thanks

this is the stimulus:
'True life is lived when tiny changes occur' - Leo Tolstoy

foxxraven

HSC
You could link the theme of transformative experiences to the aspect of tiny changes in the quote, so for example you could go with the idea that transformative experiences can simply be tiny changes, etc
Are you planning on doing a discursive or imaginative response?

Wizjaro

HSC
I interpret it as, we live a fake life, until we make tiny changes to expose our true nature, you could link it to humans being inherrently fake,(link to societal standards that define what a normal person is and how we all try to comply with these standards) however when we make changes to showcase our true nature then we are living a true(real) life, one that we have fabricated. For a creative I would write about a society where everyone wears masks that show what a ”normal” face is, and by adding makeup and drawing on the mask the main character uses those small changes to clearly expose their true nature, allowing them to live a true life.

lanceriver

HSC
You could link the theme of transformative experiences to the aspect of tiny changes in the quote, so for example you could go with the idea that transformative experiences can simply be tiny changes, etc
Are you planning on doing a discursive or imaginative response?
I'm planning on doing an imaginative. I feel that I'm better at it

foxxraven

HSC
I'm planning on doing an imaginative. I feel that I'm better at it
Makes sense, good luck with it. I would recommend using the quote as a key theme/character flaw/etc, and maybe go from there? Hopefully you will be able to figure out what do do. Good luck.

lanceriver

HSC
Thanks! I will definitely do that, i'm leaning towards the character flaw idea, it might make it more interesting. Honestly I'm regretting doing advanced english, I don't know what's going on half the time haha

foxxraven

HSC
Thanks! I will definitely do that, i'm leaning towards the character flaw idea, it might make it more interesting. Honestly I'm regretting doing advanced english, I don't know what's going on half the time haha
If you're willing to do so, I would keep going with advanced english. Maybe try to ask your teacher to clarify things, or see if a friend is willing to help you. It's okay to not understand everything all the time, as long as you're trying your best to improve and get a better understanding. Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)